"I am. I have heard that you wish I hadn't come, that I had not turned the entire kingdom upside down to find something to make you talk to me again. That you want me to go. That you did not wish to see me."

"Porchay-"

"But what I have not heard, is that you do not love me." Chay took a breath. 

"I have been suffering and alone and believing, that I'm a failure, I am a failure as your boyfriend, and as your future king. Because you stay away from me, as though I was a disease. And then today, it suddenly occurred to me that perhaps there is another reason that you're ignoring me."

"A better reason. Perhaps you stay away from me because you care for me. Perhaps you stay away because you love me." Tears started to form in Chay's eyes. It hurts to yell at someone who loved him, someone who knew how to cherish him, but he was taken over by rage and sadness. 

Someone who knew how to make him feel... him, was ignoring him, do you know how much that hurts? No! You won't even understand how much Porchay held himself back from kicking the door down and running into his arms, crying and sobbing because of how worried he was of the elder.

"Do you love me?" Porchay asked, his voice breaking. He wished that Kim would run to him, hugging him tightly and apologizing, saying that he loves Porchay more than he loves himself.

"I'm trying to protect you-" Kim tried to find an excuse to make the latter leave him alone, but nothing was working.

"Do you love me?" Porchay asked again.

"I... I can't." Kim looked down, "We can't... This conversation is- I can't do this. I never wanted to," 

Kim's true form finally came out. His horns appeared. His staff, with a black crescent moon, was attached to a piece of spruce wood by rope and appeared in his hands.

"Do you love me?" 

"Porchay, please stop!" Kim's voice raised higher, something was caught up in his throat.

 "Is it because you don't trust that I love you? I do. I love you, Kim. I love you so much that I will do as you wish. If you don't love me, say you do not love me, and I'll go. I will go back to the village, I will go back to the cottage." Chay paused.

"You have to say that you do not love me. You have to tell me that I am utterly alone in this world." Porchay finally let a tear flow down his face. 

"I am a madman. I am a danger. In my mind, different worlds are creeping in. The heavens and the Earth collide- I do- I do not know where I am-" Kim shook his head.

"Do you love me?" Chay yelled louder. This was the only thing that he wanted to know. 

"Are you saying that you don't want to spend your life with me? Because it seems like no one wants that." Porchay started to express his feelings.

"Kim!" 

"I will stand with you between the heavens and the Earth. I will tell you where you are. Do you love me?" Chay asked one last time, banging his staff once, on the floor.

"I order you to speak, Kim." Porchay stood still, waiting for an answer.

"I can't..." Kim's voice broke.

"I'm going back to the village." Porchay picked himself up and walked out of the room, leaving Kim crying on the floor.

Chay started sobbing as he walked out of the castle. He looked back again, and in a flash, Porchay's wings, staff, and halo had disappeared.  

He wiped away his tears and ran back to the cottage, locking himself in his room, sitting on the floor, curled up.

His life was just like that; Over. Because of a stupid argument that he knew was immature of him, but Kim didn't give him an answer, it was the same shit over and over again, "I can't, I can't, I can't" WHAT CAN HE DO?!

Meanwhile, back at the castle. 

Tankhun heard the commotion and ran to the art room, where Kim was at. 

His heart ached as he saw his little brother, crouching down, his head on the marble floor, sobbing.

"Kim!" He ran over. "What happened?" Tankhun asked, concerned. "He left, P'... He left me." Kim sobbed again. Tankhun finally heard Kim call him "P'", and now he's extra worried.

Whenever Kim used to cry, Korn would tell him to shut up and throw him out of the castle. But then, over time, a new habit of Kim's appeared. Kim would hide his feelings so that he could keep spending time with his siblings.

"It's okay. He'll come back." Tankhun hugged him tightly and patted his back to try and get him to stop crying.

[Venice]

I was sitting in my room when my phone rang. That's weird, I'm not expecting any calls today. I walked over to my desk and picked up the phone. "Hello?" 

"V-Venice..." I heard someone sob. "Porchay? Is everything okay?" I asked, worriedly. "C-Can you please come o-over," His voice cracked. 

"I'm coming, kid." I ran and jumped out of my balcony, thanking the gods that it didn't hurt after all those years of painful training. Without wasting a single minute, I ran towards the cottage, opened the door, and ran up to his room.

"Chay? I'm here," I knocked and opened the door to see the room pitch black, a shadow of a boy curled up against the wall beside his bed sobbing harshly.

"What happened? It's okay, I'm here now." He hugged him tightly. "He- He doesn't love me anymore, P'" Porchay cried.

"It's okay. You will find someone better. Don't cry, P' is here. P'Venice is here." I assured him. 

"Do you want P' to call Rain?" I pulled away from the hug, wiping his tears away. He nodded. I took out my phone and quickly dialled to my boyfriend. "Teerak? Can you come over to the cottage please?" 

"Sure, who's crying?... Is it my child?" Rain asked concerningly over the phone. "Just come over!" I hung up the call and sat beside him, putting my arm around his shoulders and patting him.

"P'Rain is coming, don't cry na, everything will be okay."

[Author]

Rain and Payu were his parents (Porchay). Whenever he felt sad, he would always call either one of them for help. 

"I'm here! Where's my baby?!" Rain bursts into the room and runs over to Chay. "Oh, my dearest Porchay, don't cry." Chay stood up, pulling Rain into a tight hug. "He- he..." Chay stumbled over his words.

"I know, I know, and I will be right by your side no matter what. P'Rain is here."

"Please don't leave me either," 

"We won't" Venice walked over and hugged them both tightly. "It'll be okay, son. Do you want us to sleep with you for tonight?" Rain pulled back from the hug, wiping the tears from the younger's face.

"Aw, my sweetheart." The couple chuckled and pulled him to the bed, assuring him while one of them went and got a cup of orange juice for the crying younger, it was his favourite, they were his favourite.

------

Words: 1661 words

Published: --

Republished: 29/2/24