Chapter 2

I woke up in Angie's arms. Popcorn scattered everywhere. I slipped out of Angie's arms and stretched my arms. I yawned before getting up. I grabbed the bowl and started picking up the popcorn.
"Mar." She said, waking. I hummed in response.
"What did I tell you about cleaning up my house?" She asked.
"That I should let you do the work and I should be the guest, but I don't work like that."
She got up and started helping me. I opened my mouth to protest but she glared at me. I got up and threw the stray popcorn in the trash by the door. The door flung open and hit me. I let out a cry of distress.
"Oh, I'm so sorry Maria!" Alex said.
"It's truly fine." I rubbed the side of my head.
"Where's Eliza?" He asked Angie.
"In her room." She hummed.
Suddenly it dawned on me. The dinner was tonight! "What time is it?" I asked.
"Ten am." She replied.
"Dang! I gotta go! Bye!" I kissed her cheek before running off.
I heard a faint "bye." From Angelica.
As I rushed to my dorm. I realized I left my dress at Angelica's. It's fine I won't need it. Her parents would not be approving if their oldest daughter's best friend was dressed like a slut.
I quickly hoped in the burning hot shower. I sighed in relief as the hot water burnt my skin. I quickly washed up. Before getting out and drying. I brushed my hair quickly. My brown curls falling in my face. I blowed them out of my face before styling them.
I brushed one side behind out of my face but let one side stay. I changed into a red crop top and black jeans. I caught sight of a long scar across my arm. I didn't like to think of it often. I traced it with my hand, choking back tears. I quickly threw a gray jacket on so nobody could see, not even me.
I applied my usual red lipstick. Before going with the same eyeshadow from last night. I grabbed my phone to check the time. "One." I read out loud. I grabbed my black purse and stuffed my phone, keys, and wallet in it.
I got in my car and pulled up to the local Starbucks. "Hello! Welcome to Starbucks! My name is Julie, how can I help you today?" The cashier asked. She must be new, usually Jeremy was working.
"Just a mocha." I said. She quickly got to work. I went to wait at the counter. "Maria?" She called out.
"Oh cute name, by the way." She said as she gave me my drink.
"Uh thanks." I grabbed the drink and left.
"Three-thirty." I read the time again.
I headed home to work on some homework and drink some coffee. My five-forty-five timer went off.
I quickly got up and headed to Angie's parents' house, where the dinner was taking place.
The Schuyler mansion was huge, as it had always been and just as intimidating. I walked in to be greeted by Angelica.
She quickly led me to the dining room where the Schuylers, plus Alex, sat. I waved before taking a seat by Angelica, across from Eliza.
~Eliza Pov~
OMG! Maria why is what is happening? She- I no, I love Alex. Well I think I love Alex but seeing Maria, it changes everything. I've seen her before but now meeting her officially feels different.
"Family, Maria. Maria, My family." Angelica said.
"Hi Maria." Mom and Dad shake her hand and dinner begins.
She talks all night and her voice is so beautiful! I don't know what I'm doing! I gripped Alex's hand tighter, hoping to forget my feelings for Maria and love Alex.
~Peggy Pov~
Maria~ So beautiful. Angelica introduces Maria to us but I can only focus on Maria. Her makeup blends perfectly into her face. Red suits her perfectly. "Hey you look good in red." I commented.
She hummed, looking away. I couldn't stop staring, neither could Eliza.......
~Maria Pov~
Eliza and Peggy seem really nice now that I know them better. They keep staring. It makes me feel uncomfortable but special. "You look good in red." Peggy said. I hummed in response.
My mind raced around the two beautiful girls in front of me. My heart though, was confused and scared. I stood up, "I'm gonna go to the bathroom."
"I'll show you where it is." Eliza said.
"Thanks." I followed after her.
"It's no problem."
"So, you and Alex?"
"Uh, yeah."
"Why do you sound so unsure?"
"I just think he might, he might be cheating on me." She sighed.
"Why?"
"He and his best friend, John, they keep flirting with each other. Acting like I don't notice."
"Oh."
"I know he has a dark past. His father left, his mother died, so did his cousin."
"But he shouldn't cheat on you!" I don't why I was so angry.
"Well, I guess."
I quickly headed to the bathroom, came back, and went to the table.
"Oh, erm, family emergency. Bye!" Alex said after checking his phone.
"You don't have any family." I glared at him, "Unless, John is 'family'."
"What do you mean?"
"John and you, I saw you kissing in a classroom during lunch"
"When?" Eliza spoke up.
"Tuesday."
"You told me you were going to study!" Eliza cried.
Alex looked down. "I should go." He rubbed his neck nervously. "I love you Liza." He kissed her cheek and left.
Eliza looked broken. I rushed to her side. "It's okay, your better without him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi! Long chapter! Any advice?  Comment, Vote! Byeeeee
Love you all 💕