"Hi," he said.

       She set her open water bottle on the table, then she reached out with her fingers and let the water float out.  She swirled it in the air, then made it a fake fish, then three fish.  They all splashed back into the water, "What's going on?"

     He didn't answer, he looked at her for a moment.  She took a sip of her water, when he still didn't answer she nudged him with her elbow.  "Nothing," he managed to say.

     "I mean with Zoe, what is she about to do?"

     "How do you know that something's gonna happen?"

     "I have my ways, I listen to the waves."  

     What is it with the big three kids and their poetic sentences that don't make sense?  "She's going to get Maddie, alone."

     She nodded, "Are you gonna try to talk her out of it?"

    "I told her someone could go with her, I told her she doesn't have to be alone."

     "She won't endanger anyone else, she'll want someone with her." She looked down, "She can do it, she shouldn't and it won't go well, but she can.  No matter what we say, she will."

     "Well, she's an idiot." He sighed, "Sorry."

      "She's not stupid but she's stubborn."

       "Fuck. . .she's gonna get herself killed."

       Paris chuckled to herself, "You really do need a hobby other than being dramatic."

       His jaw dropped, "I- I have hobbies."

      "You read a book a month and it takes you less than a day."

       "You noticed?"

       "Always."  She returned facing the other side of the table, "I can teach you how to paint."

      "I'm an awful artist,"

      "I can change that."

      He laughed, "You have too much faith in me."

     "Well, you're smart."

     "Alright Paris, when this is all over you can teach me your artistic ways."  She smiled and looked elsewhere, seemingly satisfied.  Does this count as being fun?  I'm having fun.

---

      Andy's foot was bouncing where he sat, next to him Zoe had her legs folded under her sharing a bag of chips with Nathan.  Andy had everything on his mind, though when Zoe reached over and put her hand on his knee he had nothing on his mind anymore.  Just her hand, attempting to soothe his stress.  He was definitely still filled with stress and panic, lots of her hand is on my knee panic too.  "Hey Cupid," she still hadn't moved her hand.

     "Yes?" he might have been going red in the face.

     "Nathan's disagreeing with me."

     "And?"

     "You think I'm right?"

     "About?"

     Nathan rolled his eyes, "If she couldn't fly, she thinks she could still survive a thirty foot drop."

     He grinned, "Sorry Zo, he's right."

    She scoffed, "You're supposed to blindly agree with me."

    "Am I?"

    "Please never do," Nathan got up and grabbed Sam's arm, walking back to the snack cart.