Chapter 8 - Swift

Začít od začátku

"For the love, Swift," Churro said, clutching his heart, "I think we've all had enough scares for today." Vesper pushed past the dragon and stopped to face the other Regulars. Swift beckoned to Henwy and Biffle, who went to talk to the other Regulars about what was going on.

After Swift explained what was happening to Churro and Pancake, Pancake stared at her. "That's why your fur's got brown patches now?" "Yeah, I bonded with Biffle," Swift replied. "Also," Churro pointed out, "Your injuries are all healed now." "I didn't realize that," she grinned.

"People," Vesper called, "Time now." "Can we choose?" Pancake asked. "Yeah, you can," Vesper responded. Churro sprinted for the hawk-hybrid and Pancake joined the green dragon hybrid by the dresser. "Not surprised, brain boy," Pancake smirked. Swift grinned at her girlfriend. Nico shrugged, "I'm fine with that." "Any objections from Sigils or Nico?" Vesper asked. When none were spoken, she went back to her phone.

Pancake turned to face Sigils and pointed at him. "If you make me go bald because of this, I will not forgive you." She thought for a moment, then added, "And if I get weak knees at all...."

"Hey! I have no say in that!" He yelped, hands in the air. "Also, I do NOT HAVE WEAK KNEES." "Whatever you say then," Pancake sang. Swift, Biffle, and Henwy, who had moved out of the way, were silently wheezing in the corner. Sigils cowered beneath his wings, "Can we get this over with?"

The bonding process went by quickly for both of them, all four of the people getting knocked out in the process. After the last light faded from the room, everyone else opened their eyes.

"Looking good boys," Henwy grinned. "And girls," Vesper added. "And girls," Henwy nodded. The people on the floor were starting to move again. Swift hurried over to Pancake as the food girl opened her eyes.

Pancake had sprouted mini wings, the same colors as Sigils', big enough for use but not large enough to fly for long with. She also had a tail that helped with balance. Surprisingly, her voice stayed the same, but it was probably to combat the large changes. Sigils actually had hair now, short and fluffy like before. He had grown 2 inches and his voice had gotten a bit higher, but that was all.

Churro, for the most part, looked the same. His eyes had changed from deep brown to a blue-brown mix. His scales darkened about 4 shades, so he almost looked like a Hivewing, in Swift's opinion, but without the stripes. He also had some black feathers on the tip of his tail, giving him a small peacock looking flair to his tail barb. Nico's eyes kept changing from yellow to blue and back again. His wings had flecks of yellow in them, and he had a claw on each one. He shrank an inch, which didn't really do anything, and his teeth were sharper.

Biffle shook Sigils awake, while Henwy helped Nico off of the floor. Vesper pulled up the other draconian and dusted him off. Swift had joined Pancake on the floor. Somewhere along the lines, Sapphire and Echo had snuck in and had done the same thing.

Sapphire's hair was entirely purple, and her tail and ears were flecked with blue and gray. Her eyes were still brown, but had random orange flecks. Echo had random streaks of tan and pink in their fur, and they had one orange eye and one pink eye. Other than that, they looked mostly the same.

"Out of all of us," Swift said, looking up at the others, "I think Pancake changed the most." "Yeah I agree," Churro said, absentmindedly playing with his new tail feathers. Vesper and Nico pulled the two off the floor. "Let's go find the rest of the group," Sapphire said. "I think we've had enough drama for today," Echo agreed.

The group made their way back to the front door, joking and testing out new abilities. Pancake hopped up onto the banister of the grand staircase and launched herself into the air with a shout of laughter. She glide crashed into the door and laid on the floor for a second. Swift took to the air and flew down to make sure she was ok.

"All good," was the call as the rest of them descended the stairs. Echo and the Regulars said some farewells to some of the ghost residents, Flare among them. He grinned and waved lazily at Swift. She waved back.

Vesper had shoved open the doors and all the alive people were already outside, except for Swift. She could hear Pancake and Churro yelling for the others. "Hurry up guys," she called. After Echo hugged one last person, they all exited the building.

The Walmarts plus Esther were with the others, some looking suspicious. "I know what it looks like," Vesper was saying, "But look." They all turned to face Swift, who was with the rest of them. Willow's jaw dropped. Rory and Soot, who were still young enough to not know what was going on, started shouting out questions.

Willow approached Swift. "Are those the... the Regulars?" "It's us," Nico shrugged. "Clear as day," Sigils added. Willow hesitantly walked over to Sigils. "Can I hug you?" She asked. "Sure," he replied. Willow immediately gave him a huge hug.

The next hour or so was spent getting to know each other, and talking about everything that had happened. After they were done talking, Soot asked, "What's next?" "I have no idea," Swift started. A flashing pain shot through her head and she crumpled.

In the distance, she heard Esther say, "She's lost a lot of blood. We need help from the locals. Andrew, Austin, what do we do?" She could faintly hear Willow and Churro freaking out. She heard nothing else, for she decided to faint that very second.

--

A/N: Seems to me like I enjoy writing long chapters as of now. What do you think of this one! This is the first variant of this chapter so it's brand new. Hope you enjoyed it!

2/11/24 - I have no clue what happened in this chapter to be honest but I hope it was good.

Word count: 1670