one.

chapter 1: The New Coach

"Come on, Sparky. Don't be ridiculous, put a jacket on!"

"Jackets slow me down, it's not even that cold out anyways." Said Caroline "Sparky" Conway. The 13 year old was known for many things. She was known for her hockey skills, being the best player on District Five, and her attitude. She had a quick attitude. The nickname came from her first ever coach who really had no care for anyone on the team but for her. Mainly because she was the best player. The nickname stuck with her and then everybody called her that.

"Spark! You'll freeze to death!" Yelled Connie and Sparky shrugged her shoulders. The tall brunettes cheeks were bright red as the wind blew past her, also making brunette strands of hair fall out of her ponytail.

"Death is better than these team." Sparky muttered beneath her breath. She shot a puck on goal. The puck almost hitter their goalie, Goldberg. Goldberg was afraid of the puck. He's a goalie, and as weird as it sounds he's afraid to get hit with the puck.
"Sparky! You almost hit me!"

"It's almost like it's supposed to hit you, Goldberg. It not like your the goalie or anything!"

"Goldberg, you're the goalie. It's supposed to hit you!" Her twin brother, Charlie said as Sparky hit another puck at him. Goldberg moved away in fear.

"Does that sound crazy to anyone else?" Goldberg asked and Sparky placed a hand on her hip and looked at him and shook her head.

"No, not really." Sparky said as the rest of their team skated over.

The District 5 team was the worst team in Pee-Wee hockey. Some of the kids on the team couldn't even skate. The only one that was serious on that team was Sparky Conway, who was constantly in the penalty box for her smart mouth. The only one who ever scores is Sparky. The only one who ever does much of anything is Sparky. The issue is that is the whole team is well, Sparky! That's not what she considers a team though.

Their old coach unfortunately died of a heart attack because of how bad District 5 was. He was so frustrated with the team, and when Sparky was put in the penalty box he just collapsed. The whole team thought his arm hurt or something.

"Okay, who's taking face offs this week?" Sparky asked and everyone stared at her blankly.

"Who's the only one that knows how to do face-offs?" Lester Aveman asked and everyone looked at Sparky. She sighed and nodded.

"Who wants to be on defense?" She asked and everyone raised their hands. They did that because it's the easiest position to play.

Sparky looked around. As she looked around she saw a limousine driving onto the ice. She pointed her finger at it and tilted her head to the side.

"What's this cake-eater doing here?" She asked making everyone turn their heads to the limousine on the ice. Cake-eater was a term used for rich people. Those certain Rich people lived in Edina.