two.

chapter 2: Thin Ice

chapter 2: Thin Ice

"Hey, Spark. Why didn't you show me this paper?" Casey asked walking into the kitchen. Sparky was doing the dishes because she cussed at the table. "Sparky!" Casey said louder. The young girl couldn't hear due to the walkman blasting in her ear. She took one out and looked at her mother.

"What paper?" Sparky asked looking up and then at the paper.

"It says there's a dance for girls. You should go." Casey said and Sparky shrugged her shoulders and put the plate in the drying rack.

"Dad said he couldn't go. He's with his girlfriend in Boston that week." Sparky said and Casey furrowed her eyebrows and questioned her daughter.

"What?" Casey asked her daughter confused.

"It's a daddy daughter dance. Read it again." Sparky said and then Casey read the paper again. "I mean I don't wanna wear a dress either so it's okay." Sparky said and Casey put the paper down and then went up behind her daughter. She kissed the young girl on the cheek and sighed.

"I'm sorry, Spark." Casey said and Sparky shrugged her shoulders.

"It's fine. Dad said he's going to the game tomorrow. He'll see me play." Sparky said and Casey shook her head. Sparky always wanted to have a relationship with her dad. Charlie gave up on it a long time ago. Sparky just couldn't. She was longing for a dad all of her life.

-

Sparky looked in the crowd as she warmed up her goalie. Not dad, Not dad, not dad. Sparky looked down and then scored on goal which wasn't surprising for her. Goldberg cleared the puck to her and Sparky shot and the puck went in. Sparky sighed. "Goldberg, it is not your fault the puck keeps coming to you, but you have to try to save it. Stop running away from the puck." Sparky said and then shot again. Goldberg ducked, well he tried to duck. He fell on the ice. Sparky sighed and then skated away.

"Sparky!" Sparky turned her head to see Coach Riley. The man had a liking to the girl. He only wished she could be on his team, her and Banks would be unstoppable. He kept in touch and he's been hoping to have her on his team for awhile now. "Good luck today!" Coach Riley said and Sparky smiled.

"You to, Coach Riley." Sparky said then skated to her bench. Her smile went to a frown and she saw Gordon.

"How do you know Coach Riley?" Gordon asked her as she leaned on the wall. Sparky looked in the crowd again for her dad. Still nobody. "Hey, quit looking out there, shows up front." Gordon said and Sparky looked back at him. She looked at him and shrugged her shoulders.

"I see him training Adam Banks a lot when I sneak in here." Sparky said and Gordon didn't even notice how she said she snuck into this gym. It was easy for her to do. She just had to use the back door where nobody looked.

"Alright, guys, gather round. Come on, come on." Gordon said and everyone circled around him. "Win! Win! Win!" Gordon had tried to chant. Everyone stared at him blankly and Sparky smiled on the other side of the wall.