Forget-Me-Not (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

“No!” I cried. “He’s not!” A heatwave suddenly sparked from my hands, blowing everyone back.
They all stared at me like I was mad.
Like I’d killed their mother or something.

“Her magic. It’s too powerful!”
 “we need to exile her”
 “we need to tell the King. . .”

What? All the other monsters had magic. Even some of the humans had magic. 

“She’s dangerous. She’s a demon!”

“No I’m not!” she hissed.
Someone took her by the wrists and tied them together.

“You’re coming with me.”

“To where?”

“To death.”

*Narrator’s P.O.V.*

Everything faded once again, then reappeared. The landscape was during the day. The aura felt dark, and (Y/n) looked ahead. The tree was there.

(Y/n) escaped from a dungeon where they were going to kill her because of her magic. She didn’t understand why. Maybe fire-monster hybrids were just dangerous.

Now she was free. Now she was gazing at the tree.

Nightmare stood there, staring up at the tree in horror. All the fruits had turned dark, there were no more golden ones.

Nightmare backed away, trembling and crying. 
Thoughts of fear ran through his head, he was afraid of what he’d done. Voices whispered. He couldn’t stop them.

(Y/n) tried to run to him, to console him, to reassure him, to appear to him.  She couldn’t, something held her back. She tried to call his name but he didn’t seem to hear her.

Then a blast of darkness surrounded her, surrounding everything she could see.

“Nightmare,” Dream croaked next to (Y/n). Had he been standing there this whole time? 

“Nightmare!” he cried.

Nightmare looked his way, fear and anger written all over his face. 
He saw (Y/n) and fell to the ground on his knees.

Dream was petrified by the sudden darkness of the air and he could not move, and neither could (Y/n). It wasn’t until the villagers started to scream and yell and shout, that they were able to move. They went marching to them, crying. 

“That monster ruined everything!”
 “We need to kill him.” 
“Kill him!” 
“KILL HIM.”

They were all overcome with such hatred, such spite, such fear. This made Nightmare cry more, and eventually (Y/n) too. Unlike everyone else, she did not feel angry. She only felt an overwhelming sadness, and as Dream and (Y/n) both tried to move to help Nightmare, they were smothered by the sudden movement of the cruel villagers.

They shoved us to the ground, stepping on us, and they grabbed rocks. (Y/n) managed to get up and watched as they threw huge rocks at Nightmare, anything they could find.

Nightmare curled into a tight ball. (Y/n)'s heart ached tremendously.

(Y/n) felt a sudden wave of pain, she felt like she was going to split into two.

Nightmare shakily stood to his feet, his hand trembling as he reached for a fruit, one of the many dark fruits. He brought it to his mouth, not yet taking a bite. The pain became stronger and (Y/n) could no longer stand. She had to crawl. She crawled closer to him, to the range where the villagers were.