[𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕆𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣]

Riptide; Vance Joy

A nice slow-burn. A very sappy lovey-dovey story. Read at your own risk.

Jane had always been a shy girl. She had never been one to put herself out there, preferring instead to blend into the background and avoid the spotlight. But all that changed when she met Pete. 

Pete was the new kid in school, and he was unlike anyone Jane had ever met before. He was outgoing, confident, and always ready with a joke or a smile. Jane found herself drawn to him, even though she didn't quite understand why. 

At first, they were just friends. They talked in class, ate lunch together, and sometimes hung out after school. But as the weeks went by, Jane began to realize that her feelings for Pete were more than just friendly. 

 She tried to ignore them, burying herself in her schoolwork and avoiding him as much as possible. But Pete was persistent. He would seek her out, make her laugh, and help her with her homework. Slowly but surely, he was breaking down her walls. 

 One day, they were sitting on the bleachers after gym class, watching the other kids play basketball. Jane was lost in thought, trying to figure out how she could possibly tell Pete how she felt. Suddenly, she felt his hand on hers and looked up to see him smiling at her. 

 "Hey," he said softly. "You okay?" 

 Jane nodded, unable to speak. She felt like her heart was about to burst out of her chest. 

Pete leaned in closer, and Jane could feel his breath on her cheek. "I think I know what's going on," he whispered. "And I feel the same way." 

 Before she could respond, he pressed his lips to hers, and Jane felt like she was flying. It was a soft, gentle kiss, but it was filled with so much emotion that Jane thought she might never come down. 

From that moment on, Jane and Pete were inseparable. They walked to class together, held hands in the hallways, and spent every free moment they had together. They were the talk of the school, but they didn't care. As long as they had each other, nothing else mattered. 

 And as they stood in the empty hallway after school, kissing slowly and sweetly, Jane knew that she had found something special. Something that would last a lifetime. 

~~395 words~~

One of my *ahem* friends *ahem* wanted it to be a bit SpIcY. Tell me how you all feel about that.

More Thoughts!

1. Bean bags are just boneless sofas

2. Your first birthday is technically your second

3. You realize that your life is important after you think about how the same moment will never happen again.

On that note-- Farewell.