"We need an accurate scan for each column" he stated without taking his eyes off the hologram.

"Roger That"

"What else do you know about that structure?" he asked looking at me.

I looked back at the scanner, and pointed to a point at the base of the tree. "I'm assuming this secondary loop also serves as load-bearing, aside from that, it's all the information I've got" I got up from the table and crossed my arms, leaving the hologram to fix my eyes on Selfridge.

He was deep in thought, which is kind of strange since that man would've jumped to give his opinion on the matter right away, but he's very quiet.

Quaritch nodded in my direction satisfied with what I was able to bring him.

"You can go back to work, Chase" I nodded and turned away to walk back to the linkroom.

It's almost seven in the morning and since it's still early, I decided to go get some breakfast before reporting to work.

[>>>]

When entering the linkroom there was almost no one. There was no Norm or Max and strangely, neither was Grace.

I was late and expected to find Grace at the door ready to chide me about being late, irresponsible, wasting the Na'vi's time and blah blah blah. To my surprise I was received with silence and a few scientists walking from here to there.

But no one from my team.

I approached one of the local scientists, the one who is always ready to serve Grace in whatever the redhead asks of her. Seeing me, she was a bit surprised and looked everywhere as if she was looking for someone.

"What are you doing here?" she asked me out of the blue.

"What do you mean?, I have to link" she shook her head and started to push me out of the room.

"You should be packing" I planted myself on the floor with force, preventing her from continuing to shove me, and I turned to see her with a frown.

"Packing for what?" her eyes widened as if she was scared that I didn't know.

"You are moving to site 26. You, Doctor Spellman and Doctor Augustine"

"No one told me about it" she let out a sigh.

"They decided it an hour ago" she told me and suddenly, started to shove me out again "Go pack, they are already on it."

"Fine, fine. I'll go" I raised my hands in surrender and walked out of the link room to go to my bunk bed and put the most important and necessary things in the bag I brought when I got here.

When I was done packing, I inspected the halls of the complex looking for a head of short red hair. It didn't take me long to find her with other scientists and Norm packing for the trip.

"You could've told me we were moving, you know" I crossed my arms and leaned my weight on a table to my right, drawing the attention of everyone there.

"You didn't receive the memo?, We're out of here" she said annoyed and without looking me in the eye.

"Why so sudden?"

"I'm not about to let Quaritch and Selfridge micromanage this thing" I widened my eyes slightly when she gave me a knowing look.

She knows.

I remained calm and composed, even if she knows that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone else does. But it does mean that she hates me even more now than before for working with her enemies.