CHAPTER 005

CHAPTER     005
-------------------------
JUST MY LUCK

~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~

HOURS HAVE PASSED AND IS ALMOST ECLIPSE.

I managed to get hold of a branch thick and strong enough to serve me as a spear. With my knife I was able to make a sharp point so it gave me more peace of mind knowing that I'm not completely unprotected.

I kept alert to any noise around me, but the darkness growing thicker and thicker was making it hard for me to keep my eyes focused. I know I could make the spear into a torch, but I find it unnecessary knowing that the forest lights up during the eclipse, plus it would attract the attention of predators that may be around the area.

Despite that and the fact that I thought I had made an intelligent decision, I was completely paralyzed when I began to hear something similar to the laughter of a hyena. The hairs that this body doesn't have stood up and I immediately turned to try to see what it was. Hoping it would go away from me.

Unfortunately, I was able to capture movement among the plants and trees as the hyena's laughter got closer and in greater numbers. It was there that I realized that I was being surrounded and that I had just become a prey.

By the time I realized it, several yellow eyes lit up in the darkness. I backed away slowly, using my spear to keep them at bay. I knew it wouldn't do much good because there were several of them and I'm only one, but I refuse to give up and let them kill me.

With less and less patience and my anxiety picking up, I couldn't help but do something that I now consider stupid.

"What are you waiting for? Come on!" And that was enough for them to start attacking me.

I tried to kill or injure as many as I could, but there were too many and they were getting the better of me. Two lunged at me, biting hard into the wood of the spear I was using to keep them away from my face. I would fight to get them off me, but it was hard. I managed to get a hold of my knife and stab one of them, but the other kept giving me a fight. Two more joined their partner as I was starting to run out of strength.

Just as I was beginning to sink in to the reality of my soon demise, a Na'vi woman leaped from the plants landing deftly in front of me, nimbly taking off the three creatures above me while either punching or shooting arrows at the rest. Effortlessly and quickly. It impressed me.