Chapter 49

Buckley's POV
We got into the zoo and I grabbed a map. I handed it to Bolt.

"Where are we startin?"

He pointed to a picture of a tiger.

"Tigers? You got it."

I started pushing the stroller while walking. We looked at everything while looking for the tigers. I took him out of the stroller so he could walk.

"Hold my hand. Don't let go. Okay?"

"Yesth dadda!"

"Good."

He started squeezing my hand.

"That works. Not too tight though."

He loosened his grip. We started walking then he started pulling my arm.

"Dadda! Dadda!"

I looked and saw a lion.

"Hold on. Hold on."

We walked up to where we could look.

I hope...

Pixie's loving the pictures....

I've been sending.

We found where he could pet some animals.

"Dadda! I go?! Pwease?!"

"Sure. You have to wash your hands after. Okay?"

"Mhm!"

He put his hand out to touch a goat. He giggled when he started petting everything.

"Okay. Let's go wash your hands now."

We made our way to the bathroom and I helped him wash his hands. I grabbed the paper towel and dried his hands. He went back to giggling.

"That tickles!"

I finished drying his hands and threw the paper towel out. He ran out of the bathroom.

"Oh god! Bolt come back!"

I grabbed the stroller and ran after him. He stayed by the bathroom entrance.

"Good boy."

"My feet hurt."

I picked him up and slid him back into the stroller. I heard him yawn after a few hours.

"Tired?"

"Yesth."

"Let's hurry up and get to the gift shop."

We went to the gift shop and he started looking at everything.

"Wanna walk around?"

"Mhm."

I took him out of the stroller. I followed him. He picked out a few things. He grabbed a shirt and brought it over to me.

"For Novey?"

"Awww. Sure."

I paid for everything then we went to the car. I picked Bolt up and put him in his car seat. He yawned again.

"Want one of you new stuffed animals?"

He nodded while rubbing his eye. I opened the shopping bag and took a stuffed animal out. I took off the tag and handed the stuffed animal to him.

He grabbed it and started snuggling with it. Back at the hotel, I brought Bolt and everything else to the room. I managed to do laundry while Bolt was sleeping. I put him in my lap and just made sure, he stayed asleep.