Chapter 3

You wandered aimlessly through the woods of Narnia, looking for any sign of life. "Peter, where are we going?" Susan asked, irritated.

Peter looked at you and rolled his eyes, "anywhere, Susan."

"We are looking for clues," Lucy said, checking behind rocks and walls.

"Actually," you said, pulling aside overgrown branches and vines until a door was present, "I was looking for something a bit more specific."

You pushed open the door and gestured inside, "the royal bunker," Peter said with a smile, "genius."

"At least we know our architects did a good job," Edmund mused, pulling out his flashlight and shining it into the bunker.

You all descended the stairs, but it looked different than you remembered. There were statues and chests. As you looked closer, you realized the statues were of each of you. "They must have turned it into some kind of shrine," you explained, lifting up the lid on the chest in front of your statue to see it was filled with your things, "when we accidentally went back."

Susan and Lucy opened their chests and pulled out clothes, "it's like they knew we would be coming back for it."

You nodded, pulling out your sword and bow, "maybe they did know, or at least hoped we would."

Lucy turned to you all in sadness, "they must have thought we abandoned them."

You looked at her sympathetically, "I'm sure they didn't think that Lu."

Peter nodded in agreement, "and besides, now we're back. So let's get changed and head to one of the other fortresses, I'm sure someone there knows where the rest of the Narians are."

The boys nodded and grabbed their light armor and a change of clothes to get dressed outside. You pulled out Lucy's dress and helped her lace up the back, "there you go Lu," you said, patting her shoulder.

Susan turned around so you could lace up the back of her dress as well. "Now let's see what's in your chest," Susan said with a smile, "hopefully all of the ballgowns you never wore."

You shook your head, leaning on Peter's chest, "I was actually going to steal some of Peter's clothes," you said, reaching in and pulling out some leather armor and a pair of trousers.

She pulled out an ornately green overcoat that was flowing enough to look like a dress, but when it moved exposed the moveable pants underneath. The armor was a dark reddish brown that fit over the flowing coat. Your jaw dropped as you ran your hand over the fabric.

"Peter had this commissioned for me after the Battle of Ettinsmoor," you said, pulling on the overcoat and securing it under the leather armor, "he said the dress was limiting my movements and having the pants underneath would allow for better str...

"Peter had this commissioned for me after the Battle of Ettinsmoor," you said, pulling on the overcoat and securing it under the leather armor, "he said the dress was limiting my movements and having the pants underneath would allow for better striking."

Lucy and Susan smiled at you as you placed your sword and dagger in the belt and your bow across your shoulder. "Well, Peter was concerned about you dress, we were always concerned that no man would court you if you were seen in pants," Lucy laughed.

You nudged her shoulder, "I wansn't really concerned with men."

Susan grabbed your arm and led you both up the stairs, "we know, all you wanted to do was fight."

"Excellent timing," Peter said, pointing to a crude map he and Ed drew in the sand, "nice outfit sister," he before turning back to the map.

"Here is the waterfall," Peter explained, "and we can make the bridge here, at Hogshead pass."

"Are you sure that bridge is still there?" you asked.

Ed shrugged, but Peter nodded, "it has to be, it's made of hard stone."

"Peter, not only has it been hundreds of years since we've been here, a war clearly broke out in these lands," Susan explained, "we should not count on anything still being there."

"Well, what's your plan then, Susan," he asked, handing her the stick to draw in the sand.

She shook her head, "I don't have one, I just want to make sure we think about what we're doing."

You took the stick from Susan's hand, "here," you pointed, drawing a line in the sand, "this beach here, the water should be shallow enough to avoid any currents and we should be able to get across the river this way to avoid the waterfall and the rapids altogether."

Edmund and Lucy nodded, "I could go for a swim," Edmund said with a laugh.

The others nodded and you and Peter led the way to Coven beach, it wasn't far from Care Paravail, you used to go there on day trips with your sisters. You would arrive soon, but there was no preparing you for what you would see once you arrived.