𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕 : 𝕄𝕀𝕊ℂℍ𝕀𝔼𝕍𝕆𝕌𝕊

Start from the beginning

“ Roger that !” Kotei saluted with a serious face.

“ You can find your way, right ?”

“ Of course !!”

Natsu nodded.

“ Bye bye !”

Kageyama Kotei. A mischievous little brat, a neighbourhood rascal usually known as a troublemaker, a six-year old girl who hung around the Karasuno Boys’ Volleyball team most of the time. She was often seen cycling through the streets, humming a very favourite opening song tune to herself.

In the last few years she had grown very famous......ahem......notorious among certain people and although after growing up to be a habitual mishief-maker, she didn't fail to make the days a little bit more interesting than usual. A fun-filled experience awaited her appearance. At the end of the day, her endeavours to enjoy life to the fullest caught to the others around her, latching them to her happy framework too.

And even after all these years, her cheerful personallity persisted to brighten the others.

After Miwa moved away for her permanent job to Tokyo and Kageyama was recruited as a professional volleyball player in the v-league soon after graduation, Kotei was left all alone in Miyagi. Initially, Kageyama refused to leave her alone to the extent that he even considered a formal refusal to his offer. However, her sister had dismissed his thought with a ‘ Kotei will be okay, everything will be okay’. And as hard as it is to believe, she began her daily life without her dependable older brother and sister, rather peacefully.

She managed to get on, somehow.
Definitely, there were sessions of sad periods when she missed them. Yet her smile was permanent and nobody could wipe it off. Yes, a smile can do wonders, it can light even a very small dark corner of the cruel world too.

She thought so too.

It's been two years or so, since then.
Kageyama had visited time to time but gradually it stopped. Not because he intended to but because his schedule didn't allow him to. Yet he tried to meet atleast once every month. Miwa kept in touch as usual, regularly video calling Kotei at the end of the day. It was tough at first but she got used to this routine, eventually. Despite that Kageyama and Miwa visited on holidays to stay with her.

Last Kotei had seen Kageyama or heard his voice was a month ago.

“ He looks familiar.....,” Kotei thought with knitted brows as she watched a person in the distance, standing in his stall.

In Miyagi, Kotei spent her days with all the friends she had acquired in the previous year, one of the many reasons as to why she prevailed in remaining sane without her brother and sister’s company. But then most of them left due to their jobs and universities, in the city.

Atleast she had her friends.

And Natsu of course.

Mitsuri always checked upon her and as strange as it sounded, Shiro frequently volunteered to invite her to dinner with his family at his home.

Kotei can't cook.

And you shouldn't expect much from a ten-year-old.

Thanks to Rinko, their front door neighbour, who successfully finished her first manga to be published. She helped Kotei with the cooking part, every day, without fail.

“ Osamu-kun !”

“ Hm ?”

Kotei waved her hands frantically trying to get his attention. The former’s face lit up for a second before a small smile settled upon his lips. How could he ever forget her ? She approached him and looked about the stall in awe.