xi. alt

this is an alternate ending made bc some of yall  [@Ei5Ho3 ] are ready to kill me for what i did last chapter so here you go. fluff. mwah 

this is also to be read under the notion that venti didn't express any discomfort last chapter. 

xiao

as venti hands me the charm, he smiles. a light, breezy, beautiful smile. i love him so much, i always will.

scara comes running behind us, his arms filled with snow cones.

"i brought lime for venti, lemon for xiao," he starts, "KAZUHA, HEIZOU, C'MERE! I GOT STRAWBERRY AND COCONUT FOR YOU GUYS."

kazuha and heizou sprint over at the word "snow cone".  they grab their respective ones, give thanks to scara, before nearly devouring the entire thing in one sitting.

"do your teeth not get frozen," scara winces as heizou dumps a huge chunk into his mouth.

"nope."

"on to the cafe anyway. i'm putting down a good 50 mora that beidou will guess venti and xiao are together first," scara states.

"i'm putting down 50 mora that yelan will guess first," heizou counters.

"we'll have to go there to see anyway," kazuha shrugs.

we get down to the cafe. a bell rings overhead as we parade through the door, venti and i are in the back, with our hands intertwined.

"NINGGUANG. I TOLD YOU. THEY'RE DATING. I WIN THE BET," beidou screams as she sees us walk in.

"YOU GUYS ALSO MADE A BET? WE BOTH WON BAHAHHAHA," scara cackles as beidou crumples him in a seemingly-bone crushing hug, "TAKE THAT HEIZOU. I AM THE GOD OF LOVE. BOW TO MY FEET."

"ok, great shouki no kami. you may take my mora," heizou's shoulders slump at his loss of mora, but laughs a little anyway.

"we'll offer you guys the couple discount if you want," ningguang says, wiping her hands on her apron, "but congratulations."

"it's on the house if you guys kiss," yelan smirks.

venti grabs me by the collar and smashes his lips into mine. we stay like that for a few seconds before he turns around and grins at yelan.

"so we'll be taking the most expensive dish you have, order for five?" scara laughs.

i grin. 

everything turned out ok after all.