Lagan lag gayi hai

Start from the beginning

His bride, Aadhya was coming in a boat as her brother rowed the boat towards him. As the boat approached, her face started becoming clearer. He had forgotten to imagine how she would look like a bride and he was glad he had forgotten because the lady in the boat looked ethereal. She was firm on wearing a red wine lehenga and he knew she was right. She was as is fair and her dress simply accentuated her already fair tone. He started noticing the finer nuances as the boat came to a halt in front of him. He failed to pay attention at Rohan who winked at him. He did not have words to describe how she looked.

She couldn't take her eyes off him. She had always admired the way his body looked toned but today with the pagdi and the pearls, he looked regal. Black made him sexy and hot but shades of white on him had a different effect on her. He had a clean shaven look and that was something she hardly got to see because of the stubble which hid his perfectly sculpted cheeks.

Her eyes lowered when they clashed with him. She had seen him admiring her time and again but not once had he looked at her the way he looked at her today. There was something in the way he looked. She knew her cheeks were warm and dark as her lehenga. He took a step forward when he saw her bunching her skirt. He held his right hand to her and helped to bunch her lehenga with his other not caring about his dupatta which was sweeping the floor. The moment she set foot on the ground, he gently pulled her towards him and placed a chaste kiss on her forehead not caring the least about the whistles he heard from the guests. She savoured the feel of his lips on her skin and looked at him like she looked at him the first time. Her heart skipped a beat. She felt the sudden urge to lick her lips but resisted from doing anything that would look inappropriate at that moment.

Their parents broke their little moment and asked them to get ready for exchanging garlands. On his clear instructions, no one came near Avinash to carry him and so was the case with Aadhya. She took a step forward towards him with the jasmine garland in his hands and he winked at her earning hoots from his friends and his brother. She blushed and took yet another step only to find him all ready to be garlanded by her. After she placed garland around his neck and with a sound, rose petals showered all over them. He did the same and they were showered with rose petals once again. They took the moment to admire one another and within a second, he pulled her towards him and kissed her again on her forehead and whispered an "I LOVE YOU" against her skin.

Words failed to leave her mouth. She marvelled at the love this man showered at her every time. Whenever he said I love you, she felt as if she heard it for the first time and she wanted to hear it again.

They both walked hand in hand to the dias upon instructions and followed the rituals as told by the priest. He tied the sacred nuptial thread around her neck and applied sindoor on her hair partition. He stood up first followed by her for taking the 7 rounds around the holy fire and they were pronounced husband and wife.

The rest of the evening had gone in a jiffy. Reception was scheduled a couple of days later in Mumbai. Today was just family and now both were desperate to be with one another without any disturbance. The presidential suite was tastefully decorated for their first night. The entire hotel was off limits to public and now a whole section was cordoned off. Courtesy, Avinash Nanda.

She was made to sit on the exquisitely decorated bed and she glanced at the large room that they were to share for the night before they leave to Mumbai. After making sure everyone had left, she got out of the bed and walked towards the private garden that was decorated with fairy lights. The room was smelling of roses and the scented candles did the job pretty well. She realised the gravity of the night all of a sudden and felt butterflies in her stomach.

She felt the need to take a look at herself in the mirror before he joined her. Rightly, she heard him knock from the other side of the door and she stilled before the mirror. Words failed to leave her mouth. She felt his presence soon enough. He closed the door shut and slid the card in to his dress pocket.

He failed to take a look at the decorations. All he could see was,his wife standing almost like a statue before the mirror. Suddenly, everything looked different. She was his wife and there was nothing that controlled them from being together. He joined her and stood behind her in front of the mirror

"Like what you see?" Avinash asked and wrapped his arms around her.

She gazed at their reflection on the mirror and leaned against his body. He removed the veil that covered her head and the silk organza veil fell down. His hands moved to her hair to remove the clips that held her silky hair together. He found the first clip and looked at her in relief when he managed to remove the first one. Soon the flowers were off and her hair cascaded down just like he preferred.

She removed the ornaments on her head and turned to face him. He was not a male chauvinist nor he believed in rituals that deeply but the moment his eyes landed on her he felt complete. The vermillion on her head screamed his name. He was not going to ask her to wear vermillion everyday but whenever she did he wanted to be the one to apply it on her head he thought.

"Want to take a shower?" He asked and her ears turned scarlet as his hot breath sent shivers down her spine.

She parted from him quickly and made a mad dash to the washroom without realising that she had forgotten her essentials. She was craving for a shower after a long day and when he had asked, she just wanted that nothing more. She discarded her dress and sat in the bathtub naked. She looked at the towel rack and bit her tongue. She slapped her forehead. Even the freaking bathrobe wasn't there. She only saw a couple of towels arranged on the towel rack. Her desire to take a shower was long gone. She contemplated between walking out in a towel versus calling out for him. Of course the walk-in wardrobe would have her clothes but she did not remember if the walk-in wardrobe was opened or closed.

"Avi..Nash" she stuttered yelled from the bathroom without having any choice.

~ To be continued

The next update will follow soon !! Cheers guys and do leave your comments below. They mean a lot.