1. Marriage Proposals

Maitri's POV

"Diamond biscuit diamond biscuit jab bhi mood ho khalo, mummy papa jab bhi laate saare bache khush ho jata. Diamond biscuit diamond biscuit, healthy swaad ko paalooooo" Divi and I were singing loudly until we were sure that the khadoos aunty living across the street could hear us.

Basically Divi had no college today and as of me...am on vacation. 

"Aab coconut..." I said trying to copy Abhay Deol but before that mum's flying chappal hit my hand.

"Maa yaar" This is absolute harassment. Harassing a poor, lonely, sweet, innocent child who is 24 year old is absolute crime.

"Am not a kid mummaaa" I looked at her holding the chappal with a frown.

"Na hoi!!! Your stupid antics still make me wonder whether Dev is older than you or you are older than him" Okay so backstory, Dev is my jaan ka dushman who's no more than 5ft and is no where near to be even called a teen. 

Saara faasat ki jaad hai yeh DEV.

He is this boy who lives below us, looks like an innocent child but from within is devil's incarnation.

"Compare me to a potato but don't compare me to that evil child" Throwing the chappal back at her, SOFTLY... Can't throw it back hardly or else she'll throw me out of the window.

"Haan haan, how can I compare these 2 queens with Dev when all you do is sit and use the phone like potatoes" Divi and I shared a proud look at each other and hi-fied. 

One thing you should know, Divi and I are never shameful of anything in the world. You can throw as many insults as you want but as long as we have each other, we will simply laugh over it and make you feel insulted.

Its our super power. Sshhh

"You two will sit there and grow yourselves fat or even come and help me" Mum screamed, no yelled from the kitchen banging the utensils, proving her point that we were being completely useless to her.

"But am on vacation mumma! I cook in America, wash my clothes, wash dishes, clean house, am ot doing any of it here" I sat on the sofa tiredly, crossing my arms at my chest.

"So? You shouldn't lose practice. Divi, arrange the table, Mayu take this file and his lunch and go give it to your dad" Mumma again went into the kitchen grumbling about how ungrateful we were. BUT AM ON VACATION YAAR! Divi threw the pillow on my face and walked towards the dining table, arranging the mats as mumma got the hot food. Till then I took the file from her and Divi's scooter keys. Mumma gave dad's lunch wrapped in a bag.

"Oye, you'll go like that?" Divi asked as I quickly took instructions from mumma on what to tell him.

"Yeah, what's the problem?" I looked at my chiffon saree and then at her. Don't judge me but I love wearing sarees when am not working. Even in America, I wore sarees to work, I am comfortable in them. To many people I understand it is uncomfortable to walk around and stuff but am fine with it. Plus I wear the light weight sarees so they are easy to handle.

"One day am going to burn all her sarees. At this age all girls roam in shorts and frocks and then there is this one, wearing sarees. What will I do of this girl?" Mumma hit her head sighing.

Roz ka drama, nothing new

I drove to papa's company, which is the same company as I, just that I work in the New York branch and he works in the main one. Parking my scooter I stood infront of the gate, wondering how to enter in. Not my fault guys, it only allows entry upon scanning employee I'D.