Chapter 15 - As They Wilt Away

"Today is the day~" Hannah said excitedly to herself, scribbling some final notes with her pen onto a paper. She unclicked the pen once finished and set it aside, picking up the paper and folding it before rolling the chair she was sitting in away from her desk to the other side of the room towards a filing cabinet. She swiveled it around, opening one of the drawers and pulling out a folder of generic empty test logs, grabbed a few, then pulled it all back.

Putting everything together onto her clipboard, she slid a pen into her coat pocket and smiled to herself, getting up from her seat now and heading out of her office, flicking the lights off as she did.

After the brief meeting of the SCPs from yesterday, Hannah was quite hyped to begin testing. Considering it was everyone's first day with the allowance to do so however, she decided before she really committed to anything, she wanted to take up the offer of properly observing a testing session done by another, more experienced doctor so she could learn the process first hand. Lucky for her, Dr. Puffy had scheduled for a testing session with the two SCPs she'd been interested in and agreed to let Hannah tag along to watch.

Hannah hadn't known much of what would be happening, just sort of a last minute thing, but that didn't mean that she didn't still want to see. Perhaps it would be good to figure things out on her own while there in the moment instead of just reading through some files and protocols and let that be it.

She trusted she'd be ready with just a bit of time.

Hannah would now walk down the hall and pass by the other offices, some doors left often, some shut, and a few friendly faces to say hello to as she went along. Suddenly however, she heard as her name was called out by someone, turning around and looking behind herself curiously. It was George.

"Hey, Hannah!" he said quickly, having stumbled out of his office to catch up after realizing who exactly had said hello to him a little too late to have caught her attention before.

"Uhm, hey George-" she greeted, a little confused.

"Sorry for the bother, but have you by any chance seen Ponk?"

"Ponk?" she said aloud, looking off down the hall behind George to have noticed Ponk's empty office lights off and door closed. "No, I haven't come across him at all today. Is he still sleeping, maybe?"

"Mmph.. I haven't checked.. he's usually up by now though.." Gerorge said somewhat to himself, though still loud enough for Hannah to have heard.

"I'd start there. If not, maybe the cafeteria or ask one of the agents? They seem to keep tabs on everyone. I'm sure he'll turn up though. Why are you looking for him?"

"I just haven't seen him- I wanted to talk to him about yesterday, apologize maybe.. I haven't decided exactly.."

"You haven't decided if you want to apologize for something-"

George perked up, a little guiltily. "N-no, I don't mean like-" he froze. "It- it's a long story-"

"Hm~ I'll take your word for it," she hummed. "Anyway, good luck finding him I guess. I've got to go now though."

He nodded, both about to turn away. He noticed last second what she was holding though, recognizing not one but two SCP files clipped into the clipboard she carried. He only caught a glimpse of the numbers, not enough to have read them though, and was about to ask about it, but the other doctor had already started walking off. He didn't want to bother her again, so he simply went off to continue what he'd been doing as well, only curious...

Hannah went along to the containment zone, humming to herself as she scanned her card and entered, continuing while she walked through the echoing empty halls right to the place she'd known she'd wanted: one particular containment cell she'd come to be quite intrigued by in her brief time knowing of its inhabitants.