Chapter 7 - The Creatures Abroad

The thing screeched in a way that could have only been described as it sounded like it was dying. Tears filled its eyes as it thrashed around, desperately trying to escape the hold of the MTF that restrained it. It's cries were so pained and so terrified, those who heard them would have been scared to know its distress; their own tears threatening to fall at the sound of its poor misery.

The thing tugged and pulled, trying to get away, trying to escape, but ultimately failing. It fell to the ground in it's own distress, holding its head as it tried to drown out all the chaos. Once more it couldn't handle the pressure as it lashed out, swiping its claws at the people around it. It cried out in its strange foreign language, screeching in both anger and tears until-

fwoop- SC- GRAHHH-

The massive thing collapsed, falling to the ground with a thud mere seconds after the small dart punctured it, sending it to sleep.

"You've got an hour tops," said the doctor with the tranquilizer gun. "Get it up and get it out," he ordered, shoving the gun into one of the MTF's chests, them grabbing it unsteadily, unprepared. "You guys suck at keeping these things under control."

The doctor sighed in frustration, shaking his head as he'd walk away from the scene, a massive monstrous creature lying unconscious on the ground.

"Dr. Sven-" someone called out to them.

"What-"

"Agent Callahan-" they introduced, stepping aside to reveal another person.

The agent, Callahan, was a young looking male, currently dressed in a simple white and black suit. Not a fancy one, yet not fully tactical either. He had with him on his waist his ID and access card, his personal firearm, and a few other minor items. However, he also strangely wore a blue mask that came down over his eyes, but didn't cover the bottom half of his face. The forehead had a little white star, and on his nose, for no clear reason, he had a little smudge of red face paint. To top off his strange looks, he also wore a little brown reindeer hood; just the hood. It had little ears and stuffed nubby horns, though nobody ever knew why he felt the need to wear anything of the sorts. Along with his little red nose, he ended up looking like he couldn't decide between dressing up as Captain America, or Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Sven perked up, ridding themselves of their rather grumpy previous expression, genuinely glad to see the Agent.

"Hello there," they said politely. "I'm Dr. Seen Sven, head researcher of Site-58. It's a pleasure to have you here Agent Callahan."

Agent Callahan simply nodded as a greeting.

It was quite interesting Dr. Sven had earned the facility role that he had. Technically classified as an anomaly, it should have been quite difficult for him to have gotten to where he was now.

Dr. Sven was a decently sized man, though he was no man at all. He had a short stubby snout with a little wet nose, wide paws, and two rounded ears atop his head as well as a tiny nubby tail just on his behind. His eyes were dark like that of a wild animal, yet still human enough to depict emotion; a panda bear hybrid, he was.

"Shall I take you around? Give you a quick rundown of how everything is going?"

Callahan looked to the Doctor, then moved his attention to just behind him and stared.

Sven noticed this after a moment, turning to see what the Agent had been looking at. It was the little scene from before. Of course they had complications just as the agent arrived. What an image eh? Why wouldn't they have complications just as they arrived?

"Apologies, Agent. Everything else is running smoothly, this one just had an uh- an episode-"

Callahan nodded, then looked back to the doctor.