[>>>]

I began to hear my name in the distance, as if it were an echo in my head. It seemed to be a woman's voice, but not one I know. I started to open my eyes having to blink several times to get used to the strong white light around me. My vision is blurry, but as I adjust to the lighting in the room, it becomes clearer. In front of me, I could make out the face of a doctor who was talking to me. The voice that echoed in my head.

"Aquila, can you hear me?" she repeated that question a couple of times, but I didn't answer. I was still trying to focus my senses.

My eyesight is normal now, but the noises around me felt distant despite having the woman right in front of me. Then I heard the sound of fingers snapping at the sides of my ears and that was enough for my hearing to sharpen.

The doctors were pleased with the response and then shone a flashlight on my eyes, disturbing my vision.

"How do you feel?" she asked, a smile on her lips.

"Peachy"

"Welcome to your new body, Aquila" the male doctor said "Can you sit?" without answering, I slowly sat up, making sure to do so carefully so as not to get dizzy or in case of a complication.

I placed the soles of my feet on the cold floor, everything seemed to be in order. I looked down at my body and smiled seeing myself from this perspective for the first time, it felt amazing. I feel strangely more energetic and my senses are sharper than in my human body. I was also aware that I could move my tail and ears at will, which I find curious but funny. It would take me a bit to adjust, but nothing that over time I can not achieve.

"Let's make some excersices" the female doctor said.

She started giving me instructions on how to move. My fingers, my legs, my tail, my ears. To touch my nose or my mouth. When she checked that my motor skills were fine, she let me stand up.

I got up from the bed slowly, momentarily dizzy from the height at which I now rise. As far as I know, the Na'vi are over seven feet tall and compared to my human height, it's like I'm putting two of me on top of each other.

I stabilized within seconds and when I was sure, I took several steps forward and back. It was like learning to walk again, but not as difficult as when you are a baby and you do it for the first time.

Feeling ready, I decided to give myself a chance and walked to the exit of the medical room. The doctors called my name several times, but my eagerness to try this body out there was greater. I opened the door and stepped outside inhaling air that would have been toxic to my human lungs, but not to the Avatar body.

The sun bathed my skin and I felt it's warmth like a blanket on a freezing night. My ears twitched at every sound around me, including the buzzing of the few insects in the area. I kept walking while admiring my surroundings and I got distracted to the point that I came to a kind of crop, where my feet touched the wet soil.

This body is fantastic and feeling the world around me so intensely is incredible to me.

"Hey marine!" I turned to my right to see a female Avatar coming down the steps of a cabin not far from the cultivation.

I frowned and focused my eyes on her physique and features, which I could easily distinguish.

"Carrots?" I asked surprised, since she looks very good and young.

"Don't call me that, Chase" she warned me, although from the small smile on her lips I assumed she wasn't serious with her warning "Think fast!" she quickly took one of the fruits from the crop and threw it at me.

I caught it easily and her suggestive look asked me to try it. Hesitantly, I brought it to my lips and took a bite. I let out a sigh of delight at the sweet taste of the fruit, nothing on Earth tastes as good as this.

"Motor control is looking good" she nodded with a smile.

In this body, she seemed like a different person and I'm not just saying it because of her physique, I'm saying it because she seems calmer and with a more relaxed and carefree personality. I can even say kind.

"The Avatar looks on good condition" she came closer and scanned every part of my body and face "Good reflex, good coordination" she commented, being pleased. "How do you feel?"

"Amazing" I couldn't help the huge smile on my lips "This is amazing" I looked around me.

"Glad you like it, you'll be expending all day training this body for the next week" I just nodded looking up at her, realizing the height difference between her Avatar and mine, it's not much, but it was noticeable. "You need to accustom it to physical activity. This body has to be taken care of as much as your human body, ¿understood?" The way she said it made me smile slightly, since she didn't say it as the scientist who hates having a jarhead on her team, but as the one who seeks to help the rest adapt as well as she does.

"Yes, ma'am" I saluted, making her roll her eyes.

"Very well, now go and change out of that hospital gown. I'll see you and Norm at the obstacle course" she ordered, pointing to the building I came from as she walked in the direction of said track.

I stayed a few more seconds standing there, smiling as I looked around. Plants and animals are not something you see very often on Earth anymore and seeing them so close made me feel a warmth in my chest that I cannot explain. It just felt like fascination.

"Marine!" I was startled by Grace's shout and hurried toward the compound.

[>>>]

At night, I'm still in my Avatar body. After a long afternoon of training, it was finally time to rest.

The cabin in which the Avatars are sheltered is full. All the pilots in their blue bodies getting ready to sleep or talking to some scientists who were evaluating their heart rate, brain activity and asking questions about the state of their body or how they feel.

I find myself sitting on what will be my bed from now on, playing with the long braid in which my hair is styled.

"Wanna see something amazing?" Norm spoke from his bed, which is right next to mine.

"What?" I curiously asked.

He took his braid and told me to do the same, then, he took it from the end and raised it in front of his face. I followed on his steps and as I did so, the strands of hair parted to reveal some kind of little pink tendrils with tiny filaments. They moved at their own will from one side to the other, capturing my attention.

"That's freaky looking" I chuckled, unable to take my eyes off them.

"Stop playing with that, you'll go blind," Grace warned us, walking past our beds as she kicked out the human staff in the cabin.

I released the braid and looked up at Norm, demanding an explanation.

"It's called Tswin. The Na'vi use it to connect with the world around them" he explained with a small smile.

"How?" I asked now more interested in the subject.

"Every animal on Pandora has those tendrils, they basically just intertwine them and that allows them to communicate with their minds through the connection of their nervous sistem" that surprised me.

Pandora now seemed more interesting than before.

"Lights out!" Grace turned off the lights inside the shack, leaving us in the dark "I'll see you at dinner kiddies." with everyone in their beds and silent, I proceeded to lie down and do the same.

I let the sounds around lull me to sleep and slowly closed my eyes, drifting off concisuness.

Returning to my human body and ending what was easily the best experience of my life so far.

A/N:

Chapter 2 ready.

This is one of my favorite chapters, I don't know why. I just like it.

Stay tuned for the next chapter next week and comment please, I like to read about your thoughts and opinions on the story.

Besos y abrazos 😘.