Bonus Chapter pt. 2

Start from the beginning

The cars lights take a moment to flash on, my head tilting over my shoulder in confusion once I make it onto the porch and the two haven't even left yet.

"What the.." My voice trails off.

Denki had hooked a finger under her chin, gently pulling her face to the side so he can pepper her cheek with what I'd assume to be 'apologetic kisses.'

I turn away from the sight, a sigh escaping my lips after seeing how lovey-dovey the couple is. It's cute but something in my chest aches—the thought of someone else flickering in my memories.

As I'm unlocking the front door, the sounds of Jirou's car starts up before the two lovebirds finally drive off—my eyes briefly looking over the porches railing to my moms car.

'Maybe..' I pause before shaking my head and stepping in—quickly closing the door and locking it behind me.

A gentle meow calls through the darkness and a soft feeling rubs up against the side of my leg, causing a smile to spread across my features as I flicked the lights on.

"Hello, Selma."

I greet, leaning down to pet the affectionate animal.

My mom came home one day with this little feline, said some kids were giving away kittens in the grocery store parking lot and after what happened to Kenya.. The cat seemed like it was her next stage in healing from what happened.

Though I was iffy about her at first, a part of me was glad my mom was trying to move on—while my other side ached with the knowledge that much like everyone else: I'd have to fully move on as well.

On a slightly happier note, Selma is in the middle of training to find ghosts much like the fox previously did and she seemed to be doing well so far.

The young cat meows, bending her back to follow my hand before I stood up straight again and trotted further into the living room.

She follows behind me, hopping up onto the coffee table as I pass by and sitting while I idly grab a muffin from the counter.

There's a note underneath the blueberry pastry so as I chew, my eyes idly scan over the writing 'Welcome home. Make sure you go straight to bed, I love you.' It reads and I smile lightly.

I make a mental note to thank my mom for leaving the little treat out—setting the note back onto the counter before jumping as a small 'clank!' Breaks through the silence.

I jump, my hand instinctively flinging into my pocket as my head snaps in the direction the noise had come from.

Selma lets out a quiet mewl as my gaze locks onto her, confusion clear on my features when I take another bite of the muffin and walk over.

On the floor next to the coffee table she had been comfortably sitting atop was my moms keys, causing my hand to relax and left go of the hilt of my knife as I crouched down to pick it up.

"What did I say about knocking things off?" I scold quietly—my words earning another soft meow from the pet as she just sat there, staring.

The keys jingle in my grasp and I can't help but pause, my eyes glancing at the door for a long moment before I swallow the bite I had taken.

"..Want to go for a little ride?" I wonder, briefly turning my attention to the cat—who mewls in confirmation.

I pop the rest of the muffin into my mouth before heading back to the door with the feline in tow.

—Time Skip.—

Every middle night car ride felt the same, same route, same turns but the only difference was whatever the radio chose to play quietly at this hour.