Chapter Nine - Last Hope

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"No Daniel." I ran my hand over my face. "But nice try."

"I thought you might say that. I guess I'd say no to me too." He laughed. "Well how about we all head to the milk bar? Milkshakes are on me."

"Are you being a normal human today Daniel?" I replied shocked. "You're not even slightly misogynistic this morning." I reached forward and pressed my hand to his forehead.

"You're insanely gorgeous and I guess I let that get in the way of our friendship... I'm not like Jackson... I can't think straight in the company of a gorgeous girl. But I miss the way we used to be you know?"

I missed it too, even though things had changed so much.

"All right, milk bar in half an hour. I need to take a shower." I said shuffling off the lounger. "Cool with you Jackson?"

"Sounds great."

**

After I had showered and dressed, the boys and I left for the milk bar. We walked inside and sat down. The waitress walked over and took our order before heading back. We'd been there less than five minutes when I noticed a change in Daniels usually happy personality. He stiffened and looked at Jackson.

"Bro, don't look now, but Hana just walked in." He exclaimed.

I looked, how could I not? Contrary to my thoughts she was tall, blonde and beautiful. In fact, she looked nothing like I had imagined her, I guess it was just my biased imagination that had fashioned her with devil horns and scaly skin, but in truth was she was one of the most beautiful people I'd ever seen... ever. She walked up to the counter and spoke with the waitress before passionately kissing her boyfriend in front of everyone.

I turned to look at Jackson who was frowning, he looked at me and shook his head. "Of course... just my luck."

"Oh my god! Jackson, Daniel, it's been months!" her voice called as she raced over.

"Hana." Jackson replied curtly. "Nice to see you."

"You too, this is Soren, my boyfriend." She said, her voice was contorted, showy, like she was purposely trying to dig the knife in and make Jackson feel like shit. I swallowed hard and placed my hand in Jacksons. I squeezed, and he looked at me once more. I nodded.

"This is Amber, My girlfriend." He said, the hint of a laugh behind his words.

I turned to look at Hana, her eyes narrowed as she looked me up and down. "I thought you were Daniels. You look like his type." She let out a laugh and looked at Daniel. "Jackson stealing your game now DJ?"

Daniel raised his eyebrows and shook his head. "Don't look at me Hana. She isn't my girlfriend."

"Oh, Jackson's my boyfriend alright." I murmured as I stood up and sat down in Jackson's lap. His arms wrapped around my waist, and I had to close my eyes briefly to remind myself it wasn't real, even though it felt real. "Last night after an exhausting night of fun he sang me to sleep. Would you like more details, I'm not shy, I don't mind sharing." I pressed my lips against Jackson's forehead before turning to look back at his now angry ex-girlfriend.

Both boys bit back laughter, Hana scoffed and pulled her boyfriend's hand as she walked away.

I stood up and sat back down in my seat. "Sorry... Um, I just..."

"That was amazing." Jackson laughed.

"It really was." Daniel replied. "In fact I can't even tell if you're lying."

I wasn't sure I was...

"We're just friends Dan." Jackson replied immediately.

I frowned and nodded. "Just friends."

But I wanted more.

A/N - THEY KISSED and then they TOOK IT BACK boo! I bet you're angry... I'm sorry :P

The song for this chapter is "Only Hope" by Paramore. It could almost be Amber's anthem so I don't think an explanation is really needed :P

I have set up a patreon where you can pledge me a certain amount per month (as little as $2) and help me out with this writing thing so I can keep doing it full time. Every little bit counts! https://www.patreon.com/Xebbex?ty=h

Also, if you want to please follow me on twitter @eelyah21 or facebook.com/xebbex

Love Yas!