~Chapter 3~

"In the survival test, you have to attack me with the intent to kill. The goal of the test," Kakashi explains, pulling three bells out of his pocket. "Is to get a bell before the timer goes off. The person who fails to get a bell by noon gets tied to a stump and doesn't get lunch. They will also get sent back to the academy." No wonder he told us not to eat. Oh well.

"But Kakashi-sensei! You'll be in danger!" Sakura shouts.

"Yeah! You couldn't even dodge a chalkboard eraser! If we come at you with the intent to kill, you'll definitely die!" Naruto shouts laughing. I roll my eyes. 'This man is a Jounin for a reason. And from what I heard, he is a strong one. It was obvious that he knew about the chalkboard eraser and let himself get hit by it. But why? What are you planning, Copy-Cat Kakashi?' I analyze the situation in front of me as Kakashi explains what we have to do in the test. "In the real world, those with no talent bark the loudest. Ignore Mr. Dead-Last over there." Kakashi says mockingly.

Naruto looked furious. He pulled out a kunai and lunged towards Kakashi. "Calm down." He said as he grabbed Naruto's hand. The kunai wasn't pointed at Kakashi and instead was pointed towards Naruto. "I haven't said start yet. But you came at me with the intent to kill. So you acknowledged me? I think I'm beginning to like you guys."

"Okay let's get started... BEGIN!" Kakashi says. I run to a tree and jump up the branches to the top. I watch as Naruto lunges towards Kakashi, not even caring to hide. Kakashi scratches his head. "Umm. You're weird aren't you?" He asks. "THE ONLY THING WEIRD HERE IS YOUR HAIR CUT!"(XP) Naruto yells charging at Kakashi. I shake my head. That idiot. I zone out. 'Kakashi obviously let himself get hit by the eraser. Naruto believes that he is actually a really sucky ninja. That must be what he wants. He wanted us to believe that he is weak so that we will get confident. Why does he want that though? He wants us to get a bell, but an average Genin level ninja would never be able to get close to a Jounin in combat. At least not alone.... But he only gave us 3 bells, purposefully pitting us against each other. Maybe because he wants us to think harder. Is that the goal of this test?' I zone back in to the area around me to sense everyone farther away except for Naruto who was dangling from a tree branch.

I jump over to stand in front of him. I throw a kunai at the rope and Naruto falls down. I hold my hand out to help him stand up but he ignores it and gets up on his own. 'How difficult.' I roll my eyes. "Listen. The whole point of this exercise is to get us to team up. I know you don't want to because of some self-worth shit but it's the only way we could beat him." I explain, watching as Naruto thinks for a little while. 'At least he wouldn't be able to beat Kakashi by himself. Not with his current skill level.' Naruto shakes his head. "I have to defeat him on my own. Sorry (Y/N)!" He yells before running off. I sigh. 'I thought he was going to be the easier one to persuade. Guess not.' I rub my forehead for a few seconds, already feeling a migraine coming.

I hear Sakura scream and start to run over to where she is. "You surprise me." Kakashi says from behind me when I am in the middle of the forest. I turn around. "Really? How so?" I tilt my head to the side. "You act like you don't care about anyone yet you haven't tried to attack me once for a bell and you are going to help someone who annoys you. Why is that?" He asks. "I don't have emotions. I don't have the ability to care. I don't know what that is like. The only reason I haven't tried to attack you is because I don't feel like it. Fighting a Jounin takes a lot of energy. I could care less if I become a Genin, Jounin or even a ninja. Life would be easier if I didn't. Now I am helping Sakura because she is a human. She may annoy me with all of her 'Precious Sasuke' drawling but she is a human and when I was younger, I was always told to help those who need it. That scream didn't sound like a happy one, so I am going to go see what's wrong. We are a team after all." I start to jump away. "Or did you forget your own lesson plan?" I call back as I leave.