Chapter Nine: No Longer Safe

Start from the beginning

"And when she sees this star, ohohohoo WEDDING BELLS!" Bowser held his fists up in excitement upon imagining this. With the star in their grasp, the princess would surely be bowing to her knees asking to marry him with all the power he had now. He was doing this all for her after all.
One of the Koopas raised his hand, wondering what would happen if Peach refused his offer.

"Well, what if she says no?..."

*F W O O S H !*

Bowser would NOT take no for an answer.

He abruptly set the said Koopa ablaze before the poor guy turned into a Skeleton Koopa.
The Koopa standing next to him gave him a look that said 'What do you think?'. Their boss wouldn't be very kind if ANYBODY told him no. Kind of like when the Knoble Knight refused to surrender before the war they had several years ago.
Bowser became serious in tone again, at least knowing what his Plan B was in case that would actually be the case. Worst case scenario, he would just destroy everything the princess ever loved.

Although he doubted she would refuse...

"Then I will power up with this star and DESTROY the Mushroom Kingdom!!" He shouted out loud. That got his army in an uproar of excitement again. Hearing that they would be able to cause more violence made them hyper. They were a villainous bunch and would do anything to be able to cause violence.
"And with that no good KNOBLE KNIGHT out of the way, NOBODY will be able to STOP ME-" Suddenly, upon hearing this, Kamek suddenly stopped smiling, his excitement vanishing. He suddenly became nervous all of a sudden, forgetting that he was supposed to tell Bowser about the Knoble Knight's little escapade.
"Er, yeah about that--" Bowser stopped and looked down at him, slightly bothered that he was interrupting him.
"The Knoble Knight, sire, uhmmm...might've escaped--"

"WHAT?!? A G A I N ? ! ? ! ?"

Bowser blasted flames at the Magikoopa, to which he ducked just in time, barely missing his hat.
"B-b-but don't worry! M-my men are on it, s-sire!!" Bowser flared his nostrils in anger before closing his eyes and taking a deep sigh, trying to calm himself down. He grumbled in annoyance and turned back to the crowd, trying to act as if everything was going according to plan.
"PREPARE yourselves for the BEST WEDDING EVER!!!" The army went in an uproaring cheer once more, no longer paying attention to Bowser nor Kamek. Bowser then turned to the small Magikoopa.
"Just get her back here. I want NO screw-ups this time, you got that?!" Bowser pointed a sharp claw at Kamek's face. He had to make sure the Knoble knight wouldn't ruin his plans...again...
Worried, Kamek nodded in response quickly.
"Y-yes, sir. Don't worry..." With that, Bowser smirked, turned back to his rave, and laughed out loud.

"IT'S GONNA ROCK!!!"

Meanwhile, back at the edge of the Dark Lands, the Shy Guys had successfully managed to tie both Luigi and the Knoble Knight by their wrists with a long rope and were now leading the two of them out of the woods. Luigi was scared out of his mind, having no idea where they were going, while the Knoble Knight seemed to be completely dissatisfied and angry, trying to free herself from the ropes. At this point, she was trying to convince the SHy Guys to just let them be free.
"Come on, guys. Do you really wanna do this? We've already done this billions of times before. I mean, if you let us go, we'll get out of your case, eh?..." Of course, they did not respond and only pushed both of them forward harshly by their binds. Maybe this wouldn't be such a problem if the Knoble Knight's weapon didn't snap. She sighed in defeat.
"Alright, your loss...all I'm saying..." The Shy Guys came up to what appeared to be a large red hot air balloon-like ship as they forced their prisoners onboard.
Luigi watched as the Knoble Knight grumbled and set her arms across the ege of the hot air balloon. She seemed to have been through this before adn was getting tired of it. Kind of reminded him of his brother. The poor green plumber peeked down from where they had just come from for a moment. The small building they had just left looked similiar to something he had built back when he was just a child. He seemingly looked back on the memory for a moment.

Little Luigi is seen building what looked to be a small castle made from toy blocks. He delightfully finished stacking the colorful building pieces with a mll flag in his hand for the top. Luigi was just a small boy sitting in the brightly vibrant playground, minding his business. He smiled with pride and perfection, fitting the small flag onto the top of the small castle.
Suddenly, another boy with blond hair appeared in front of him, wearing sunglasses and a small backpack. The boy blew a rasberry at poor Luigi before throwing his foot back and kicking his castle, destroying it back to where he started. The force of this caused Luigi to fall back to the ground as the bully stole his flag. This wasn't the first time this guy had messed with him but everytime he did, Luigi just wasn't able to stand up for himself. He didn't have it in him.
The bully began laughing at Luigi, taunting him with his flag and pointing at him in a mean gesture.

From seemingly out of nowhere, Mario stepped in, kicking down the bully and retrieving his brothers flag back for him. He stood in front of him protectively as Luigi managed to stand himself back up. He looked at Mario almost surprised. He really didn't have to keep standing up for his brother and step out of his way but Mario didn't care. He hated seeing his brother continously being taunted by the children at their school. They had no reason to make fun of him.

The bully stood back up furiously and spat out the toy block that got in his mouth when he fell. No longer satisfied, the bully ran off, presumably to tell on a teacher. Little Mario didn't care at that point though. That no good bully could tell his parents for all he cared. Luigi was okay.
Little Mario peeked over at his brother with a smile, who nervously looked back at him for a moment before giving a small smile back in return. He was really glad to have Mario as his brother and always sticking by his side.

(I tell you what, I nearly cried at this scene. This was so wholesome)

Unfortunately, Luigi knew Mario wasn't here with him this time to help him. He had always had Mario help him in the worst-case scenario but now, he had no one to help him. He just couldn't get himself to stand up for himself and fight back. He was...alone...

Luigi looked down at the ropes tied around his hands, knowing their was no way out of this and was just going to have to rely on luck at this point. Luigi sighed in defeat, knowing he was going to have to face these scary consequences. Hopefully, they wouldn't kill him.

"Hey..."

Luigi, getting back into the present, looked over at the Knoble Knight as she looked at him in slight pity. Was she...feeling bad for him? Could she tell how he was feeling?
Now that Luigi thought of it, he hasn't exactly been able to get to know this person well yet.
"So, uhhh...I know this is kind of a bad time but...it's been a while since I've last seen another human so..." The Knoble Knight spoke softly. She seemed almost nervous to say this. It was true though. The last time she's even talked to another human was years ago when the last war started. One of the Shy Guys controlling the hot air balloon nudged her harshly, telling her to shut up. Of course, she didn't listen.

"I'm (Y/n)...Luigi, was it...?"

Luigi seemed almost surprised to hear her say his name. They seemed to be finaly getting along after how they first met in...slightly difficult cercumstances...
Not wanting to anger the strange Shy Guys more by speaking, Luigi nervously nodded his head in response to her question, aproving it. The Knoble Knight, now apparently known as (Y/n), slightly smiled before thinking back to what was happening to them now.
"Don't worry. I've been through this nurmerous times before. You're gonna be just fine." (Y/n) could tell the look Luigi had on his face and he immediately tried to hide it. Of course, he failed.
"Scared? Whaaat? I'm not sca--" Luigi looked back down as one of the Shy Guys slowly turned to him in a threatening-like way. Immediately, Luigi changed his mind.

"Y-yeah, okay, I am a little bit..."