Chapter Three: A Call from Destiny

(I'm on a roll with these chapters boiii)

Finally, the Mario bros managed to make it back home from a long day of work. They had managed to keep their customers happy in the end and as a bonus they even got Francis a bag of treats as an apology gift. Nevermind if he still didn't like it but it was a work in progress.

Mario and Luigi hung their signature caps on the coat hanger next to their front door and both sighed in relief of finally being home.
When they walked to the dining room, both brothers could see that their whole family was there sitting at the dinner table.
The family included their Mom, Dad, two paternal uncles, their aunt, niece, and their great-grandfather.
"HEYOOO!!" The family greeted them delightfully with big grins. Mario and Luigi waved back.
"Heyo!!" They responded, walking inside the room and getting themselves settled, taking off their gloves as they did so.
Luigi sat down next to one of his goofy paternal uncles with nice glasses and a short afro while Mario sat next to their father, who looked similiar to Mario but with a wider moustache and a bald cut.
"Yo, it's The Super Mario Brothers...from the TV!" The paternal uncle spoke excitingly, gesturing to the fact that he saw the commercial. He spoke as if he had rehearsed this many times before the Mario Bros showed up.

Mario knew if he saw it, there was no doubt everybody saw it...

Everyone else chuckled as the other paternal uncle, who sat across Mario, smirked at them. He looked similar to Luigi as did the other paternal uncle but he at least looked a bit more formal.
"Do they give oscars for worst actors?" He chuckled while laughing at his own stunt. His wife whapped him upside the head for that.
"What'd I do?!" He asked her, acting offended all of a sudden.
Their relatives were normally like this anyway so neither Mario nor Luigi minded too much. Mario chuckled a bit.
"Hehe, so uhh...so everyone saw the commercial then?..." He asked with a proud smile, hoping they liked it as much as he and Luigi did.
"Oh yeah, we seen it..." The afro uncle stated, winking at his brother as if he was fixing to mentally burn the brothers big time. He continued scooping more foods onto his plate as he did this.
"Aaand...?" Mario rolled his eyes playfully, expecting a nice response.

Of course, they got the opposite.

"I wouldn't quit your day job!" The uncle sitting across from Mario stated while eating more spaghetti. Luigi once again tried grabbing some food and failed due to their uncle's torment.
"OOPS! HE ALREADY DID!!" The afro uncle grabbed Luigi by his shoulder and started rapidly shaking him in delight by their slow burn. Both Mario and his aunt rolled their eyes in disappointment as everyone else began laughing. Luigi stayed silent, not wanting to get involved. Thankfully, at least their mother was on their side.
"Well, I thought it was incredible. It belongs in a movie theater!" She stated for her son's while trying to feed their great grandfather. Due to her leaving it still for so long though, he ended up just eating an empty fork.

Dad was nice enough to give Mario some spaghetti as well. At least they weren't as tormenting as Mario and Luigi's uncles were. Mario was fine with it until he found out the fact the the spaghetti had mushrooms.

He hated mushrooms.

"Mushrooms?" Mario asked them in disbelief. His father smiled.
"Everybody loves mushrooms right?" He asks delightfully. Luigi smiled in return while pointing a finger up to answer him.
"I like mushrooms! I'll take it!" He spoke as Mario rolled his eyes in response.
Unlike Luigi, Mario wasn't a fan of mushrooms at all. No one could figure out why that is. He seemed to be the only person in the family, or even the whole town that didn't like them.

Their goofy uncle suddenly slid over beside Mario, talking to him while being right in front of Luigi.
"Mario, seriously. What were you thinkin' with that commercial?" He asked in all seriousness but never hid his smile. Mario began placing his mushrooms on Luigi's plate as they spoke.
"Whaaat, it was supposed to be funny." He explained, knowing he was the one that planned the whole ad out. Luigi had agreed to help him, thinking his idea was perfect. The green plumber had no negative thoughts about that ad. Neither did Mario.