O n e

~Emma~

I plop down onto my bed and let out a deep sigh. "I'm fucked," I mutter to myself.

"Oh my god, no way," Olivia, my roommate, says as I sit up. I glare at her. "Okay, you got fired, and it sucks, but come on. It's you we're talking about. You'll have a new job in no time," she says, shrugging and trying to calm me down.

"Fine, maybe," I say quietly, trying to believe what she's telling me.

I had a job, a plan, and to be completely fucking honest, I had a future. It's so frustrating that one person can end it all with just one sentence.

I'm really sorry Emma but I'm going to have to let you go.

And it's been playing in repeat in my mind ever since.Over and over again.

A groan leaves my throat as I try to let some of my anger out. "You want to know the worst part of it all? I can't even be mad at Liam. I can't be mad at the person who messed up my fucking plan.Because you know what," I turn back to my roommate. "It's Liam." I sigh noticing how lucky I actually am.

"Kind,teddy bear looking Liam," I sigh as I fall back again on my bed.My eyes staring up at the ceiling.

"How could I hate him when he gave me everything he possibly could.Please let me hate Liam,Liv?" I sigh again looking at her desperately trying to get her to give me something to be mad about.

She sits down beside me. "You can't em,but you know what you can do?" I look at her.She takes a deep breath before shooting up and grabbing my hand. "You over her can stop having a pity party of one and go to an actual party,with other people and not with her miserable self trying to suck the life out of everything."

I look at her shaking my head. "Oh come on, you definitely need a distraction and what is a better distraction than coming to a party with me and char?".I just stare at her. "Okay,let's try that one more time."

She turns to me with the biggest smile on her face. "Emma, you are going okay.That's it?"

"I love that you want me"before I could even finish what I was going to say she covers my mouth with her hand.

"You have to dance it off.And drink your cute little butt off till you can't walk."she grabs my hands. "You have to party,a actual real one, a pity party doesn't count." She walks towards my closet. "Plus, I already told Charlotte you were coming and I didn't want her killing me when your not by my side."she points her finger at me.

"I'm am not having a pity party!" I try to change the topic because I'm obviously having one of the biggest parties ever.

Her eyebrows raise. "Then what would you describe what this is?"her eyes look me up and down.

"An Imlookingforareasontohateliambecausehefiredme."Liam has no choice.

Lovely liamy,as everyone called him, is the boss of the candy store in my hometown, but unfortunately he wasn't making enough money so they had to make so cuts and that cut was me.

Im sorry,Emma. I have to do this

So yeah. I might be having a pity party,but that's nothing to be ashamed of.

I push myself back against the headboard watching her scanning my closet for something to wear. She is rolls her eyes and walks out of my room before coming back in and dumping a load of clothes on me.

"If you don't like the party we can always leave," I sigh. "Orr you we could just stay at home watch below deck,eating popcorn, and drink wineOr water if that's what you're into tonight."my tone trying to convince her. I just want to snuggle in bed.That is also distracting?