can't have s*it in the Plex

You gazed down at the new device on your wrist as you worked, hardly paying attention to the unfortunate staff bot whose eye you were repairing though it didn't seem to mind, barely sentient enough to process that it was injured in the first place and certainly not enough to care when you paused your work for a moment to jab cluelessly at the small screen of the fazwatch "how do I even work this thing?" You questioned no one in particular before jerking your hand away as it suddenly buzzed at you, displaying a message from 'DA' you squinted at the tiny words "who's DA?" You questioned the room again, the message read "I just got a notification that you're in the system! I'm so excited I can talk to you all day now!"
"Oh... Daycare Attendant" you muttered to yourself with a small smile, your tongue poking out as you focused entirely too hard to type on the tiny keyboard displayed on screen "hey Sunny, can't type right now, working, love you"
You caught movement out of the corner of your eye and spun to face it, quickly sticking your wrist behind your back as though whoever it was would be able to read the tiny screen from across the room.
Your coworker stuck their hands up as if in surrender "woah there, just grabbing some canned air, didn't mean to spook ya" they said, slowly turning with their hands still up before reaching for the aerosol cans of compressed air which sat lined up on a nearby shelf "oh it's just you..." You muttered
"Yep, just lil old me coming to steal your supplies, I see you got your watch finally, already talking to your boys I'd imagine" they replied, tucking a few cans under their arm before turning back to you with that smug smirk you'd become accustomed to
"Yeah, trying anyway..." You said, slowly lifting the device back up towards your face "you're jumpy, I'm gonna guess that Ness gave you all the 'heres a fun thing, don't have fun with it ever' crap?...yeah ignore her, i basically only play around on mine and I take it home all the time, it's really not as serious as she likes to make it seem just don't make a big show out of it and I doubt anyone will even notice"
You nodded, genuinely thankful for the advice as it put you a bit more at ease "so uh, how does this thing work anyway?" You questioned, extending your wrist to your coworker.
"I mean it's pretty straightforward, you're a maintenance tech so your watch is connected to all of the animatronics you're responsible for and it should notify you if anything needs attention, for example-" they pulled the chest plate off of the bot you were working on and your watch immediately buzzed with a notification 'Staff 46: panel detachment' they reattached the plate and the notification dismissed itself "so that pretty much covers all of the work related functions and you've already learned how to use the text feature so other than that you can tap this button and it'll pull up a contact list" they showed you the list "there's S for security, J for Janitorial, BM for building maintenance, AM for animatronic maintenance that's me, and then there's all of the main animatronics which in my case I can call them in for maintenance but since you don't work with most of them it's pretty much just if you need heavy lifting assistance, like say Sun runs out of battery and you need someone to haul his ass to the charging station" they explained
You nodded slowly, taking a moment to process the information before responding "that seems easy enough, thank you" they gave you a thumbs up before hastily leaving the room "yeah it's no problem, I gotta go finish cleaning Chica up for the show so I'll talk to you later!" The door was closed before you could reply and you got back to work.
It wasn't long before your watch buzzed with another message from the Attendant, this time outlined in blue "glad to see you're in the system finally, don't be surprised if Sun blows up your watch in our spare time"
You stared at the message with confusion for a moment, checking the time before finally typing a reply "how are you messaging me right now? It's not nap time" you patiently watched the small screen until another message popped up "I'm still connected to the network when I'm not fronting, how else am I gonna tell you about all the stupid things Sun does throughout the day?" this message was followed directly by one which was outlined in yellow "you wouldn't dare"
You snickered quietly to yourself, watching the conversation for a moment
M: "Wanna bet?"
S: "you wouldn't because then I could tell them all of your embarrassing stories"
M: "I don't have any embarrassing stories for you to tell anyway"
S: "I can think of three from just this week"
M: "yeah right"
S: *typing...*
You decided it was a good time to interrupt them before things got too out of hand "alright boys quit arguing, nobody's embarrassing anybody"
S: "okay"
M: "fine"
You hadn't realized just how distracted you'd gotten until you glanced at the staff bot in front of you which still wasn't fully repaired, you sighed as you looked back to the watch "okay I've gotta get back to work, I'll talk to you two in a little while"
And talk to them you did, typing nonstop on the tiny screen whenever you got the opportunity to the point that when it was finally time to do their end of day maintenance you'd run out of things to talk about. Sun still had lots to talk about though and you were more than willing to listen to him chatter while you cleaned off his plating, nodding along as he ran through just about everything that had happened throughout the day only going quiet when you took your usual position on his lap to clean his hands "you know, Moon had something to tell you too" he said after watching you silently for a moment though his counterpart seemed to think otherwise as the two immediately began to bicker again, of course you could only hear Sun's end of it "yes you do...but you said-...you can't just change your mind like that..... GOODNESS at this rate you're gonna put Chica out of a job...I MEAN you're acting like a great big CHICKEN!...are too are too!!... See that's what I'm saying, you keep talking and all I'm hearing is cluck cluck clu-"
"Sunny!" You interrupted, seeming to startle the animatronic "be nice, he doesn't have to talk to me if he doesn't want to"
Sun giggled "oh he wants to talk to you, he just doesn't want to tell you th-" he interrupted himself by slapping a hand over his mouth which, due to a few specific sensors in his faceplate, automatically shut off his voice box and he immediately began to fight with his own hand, pulling on his arm in an attempt to pry it away from his face and succeeding only long enough to spit out "tell you that h-" before his mouth was covered again.
You cautiously moved off of Sun's lap and stepped back to watch him wrestle with his own arm which was apparently under Moon's control at the moment, you wouldn't deny that the sight was somewhat amusing but you were slightly annoyed "Sun if he doesn't want me to know then it's clearly not your business to tell, now would you two behave for 3 seconds so I can finish your maintenance" Sun froze, seeming surprised by your stern tone and slowly sitting up straight, his hand was lowered away from his face a moment later and he grumbled almost silently "you got us in trouble...y/n's mad at us"
You rolled your eyes "hey don't blame Moon, you started it" you said, sitting in front of Sun to finish cleaning his hands "and I'm not mad at you" it was quiet as you finished up their maintenance and gathered up your supplies "soooooo..." You finally spoke "have you seen your room yet?"
"My room? What about it?" Sun questioned, standing up and brushing himself off.
You smiled and immediately spun on your heels, trotting off excitedly towards the theater "c'mon I'll show you!" Sun seemed intrigued, following after you quickly with a bounce in his step
"it's not much but I figure it's better than nothing" you said as you opened the door to their room and Sun gasped though it wasn't the sort of gasp you'd expect, less surprised and more utterly horrified, especially confusing since a majority of the work you'd done was in the smaller room which was currently out of sight.
You peered into the room and felt your heart sink, it looked as though a wild animal had been let loose, the place was trashed, all of Moon's neat piles were knocked over and strewn across the floor, makeshift decorations were ripped from the walls, the cords of the fairy lights you'd hung had been quite intentionally cut and the lights themselves were also on the floor.
"What?! N-no no I...I decorated...I" you quickly walked over to the tunnel in the wall to look into the smaller room which was in a similar state, air mattress slashed, blankets shredded, plushy torn limb from limb with it's head tacked onto the wall by a pencil "I...I got you a bed...I-I covered the hole in the ceiling..." You did your best to swallow the lump in your throat and turned to Sun who had been silent "Sunny I promise I didn't..." He was knelt on the floor looking down at something in his hands "I know" he said with a disturbingly flat tone as you somewhat cautiously walked over to him, looking at what he was holding, it was thoroughly shredded but you recognized the faded purple construction paper as well as a few of the crayon-smudged scraps, it was Moon's get well soon cards or at least what remained of them, you weren't certain what to say or if you should say anything. Sun turned to one of the now ripped children's drawings which had been torn from the wall, picking it up as his hands started to shake and staring at it for a while before speaking again in the same flat tone "you should probably leave" he didn't look at you, simply continuing to stare down at the torn paper as the shaking in his hands began to spread to the rest of his body "Sun..." You mumbled with concern, he almost seemed to flinch at your voice "LEAVE" he shouted with an alarming amount of static in his voice, you hesitated for a moment but did as you were told, not even getting down the hall before hearing a loud crash which almost made you turn back to check on the animatronic but you thought better of it, instead making your way out to the lobby and walking quickly into the main security office, nearly causing Vanessa to fall out of her seat with how hard she jumped at the door flying open and scrambled to close at least a dozen suspicious looking tabs which seemed to contain a lot of complex code and chat logs, she then spun around in her swivel chair to face you in a manner that was far from casual "y/n! Isn't your shift about to end? You really need to stop staying over all the time y'know corporate will be on your ass about it"
You brushed off her strangeness without replying to that statement and leaned over the monitors "I need to see last night's security footage for the daycare and the theater" you stated
"What for?" The security guard questioned, sitting back and crossing her arms, clearly demonstrating that she wouldn't pull the footage up without a reason to.
"Property damage" you answered, Vanessa raised a brow, not satisfied "what happened?" She continued to question, you sighed "the daycare attendant's room is completely trashed"
Vanessa scoffed under her breath but began to pull up the footage regardless "was it ever not completely trashed?"
"Yes actually, Moon and I cleaned it up not too long ago and now it's worse than it was before" you explained "have you considered that maybe the Attendant destroyed its own room? It is prone to outbursts" she glanced towards your neck where a few tiny patches of faded bruises remained "you would know"
You shot a venomous glare towards the guard and pulled your shirt collar up to cover your neck "they're not an 'it'...all of the stuff they actually care about is shredded, they wouldn't do that... besides they were charging last night" you muttered, focusing on the monitors again as the footage was finally pulled up though the screen displayed only static "footage is corrupt" Vanessa stated simply, leaning back in her chair almost smugly to watch as you rubbed your face and let out an annoyed sigh "y'know you'd think that with how high tech this place supposedly is the security cameras would at least fuckin work every once in a while" you muttered "it was probably just Monty screwing around or something, got bored of breaking his own stuff and didn't wanna deal with repercussions so he went to the room without cameras" Vanessa replied with a shrug "no, there weren't any claw marks as far as I saw, and why would Monty go through the trouble of specifically targeting all of the things they care about if he was just 'screwing around'... this seemed intentional... whoever did it was trying to hurt them and maybe trying to hurt me too"
Vanessa gave another shrug, seeming entirely too indifferent "I don't know what to tell you, come back if you find any damaged company equipment, personal items aren't a reason for investigation"
You were about to say something that you'd honestly probably regret in the very near future but your fazwatch buzzed at you, causing you to pause and look at the device to read a message from Moon "please come back and bring some tape" this message was accompanied by a maintenance notification from a few minutes ago which was informing you of surface level damage, you simply glared at Vanessa again before grabbing the tape dispenser off of her desk and marching out of the office "hey what are you doing?!" She shouted after you "my job!" You replied with intentional vagueness "your shift's already over!" She barked, you turned back towards the office door "go cry to corporate about it!" You snarled, you could still hear her shouting as you walked away but you chose to ignore her, quickly making your way back to Sun and Moon's room where you found Moon sitting on the floor with various scraps of paper laid out in front of him, the room was still a mess but he'd cleared out an area of the floor to do whatever it was that he was doing.
upon closer inspection he was piecing his get well soon cards back together "hey Moon, how's it going?" You asked, carefully maneuvering past the cards and sitting beside him to watch as he pulled scraps of paper out of a pile one by one and placed them flat on the floor in front of him "it's fine, I'm alright actually, i-its just like a puzzle...I like puzzles" he answered, visibly shaking, you noted that he was only using one hand and had the other balled up against his chest "Moon..." You began only to be interrupted "Sun said he's sorry for shouting at you... really I'm fine...we're used to it w-we don't really have our own things you know why would we need them after all we're only a second tier animatronic" he stated with static beginning to creep back into his voice.
"Second tier?" You questioned, placing your hand on his shoulder and attempting to look at his hand but he turned his body slightly to keep it out of your view "yeah... y'know th-theres the first tier animatronics like Freddy and Chica who everyone really cares about everyone would notice immediately if they got replaced a-and then there's second tier animatronics like us and the staff bots who are assigned to an area and just complete a specific task, designed to be replaceable" he explained, you felt your heart break, squeezing his shoulder lightly before moving your hand to his cheek and turning his head to face you "you are not comparable to a staff bot and you aren't worth any less than any of the glamrocks, I mean the staff bots don't even think, and what do the glamrocks ever even do? Walk around and look pretty? Stand up on a stage and sing silly little songs to get people to buy more pizza?, You actually have a job and you do it well and I know for a fact you're not replaceable, lots of people would notice, I'd notice, the kids would notice, the parents would notice, I'm certain the company would notice, just look at what
you're doing right now, all of these cards were made for you, you're kind of a big deal man"
Moon seemed bewildered, staring at you silently for a while before you held your hand out towards him "now lemme see your hand, it's broken right?"
He hesitated for a moment before giving in with a sigh, somewhat cautiously placing his hand in yours "Sun didn't want to put a hole in the wall so he hit the floor...it hurts a lot" he explained, his knuckles had substantial scrapes and scratches on them and there was one thick crack through the back of his hand "yeah it looks like it would hurt...poor thing" you mumbled holding his hand carefully as you assessed the damage "the good news is it's just your plating, bad news is since you have unique plating I'll have to order a new piece before I can replace it" you thought for a moment, tracing your thumb over the crack and humming "until then all I can really do is temporarily disconnect the pain receptors in your hand so it doesn't hurt"
Moon slowly nodded, simply watching as you removed the ribbon from his wrist and then  the plating from his arm, you lifted his arm closer to your face so that you could see his wrist and began working on disconnecting the pain receptors
"y/n..." Moon began but hesitated "hm?" You hummed, waiting a moment for a response but receiving none and pausing your work to look at Moon who avoided your eyes, looking down towards his legs "is something wrong?" You asked "I-... I.." He hesitated again, his free hand clutching his pants leg tightly.
you were patient, nodding to let him know that you were listening "I really like you...a lot" he finally muttered, you giggled quietly and resumed working on his wrist "I know" you replied, almost seeming to startle him as he quickly turned his head to look at you "you know??" He questioned "I mean you're not exactly subtle" you answered, finishing up what you were doing and putting his plating and ribbon back on then fishing around in your bag until you found a roll of bandages which you started to wrap his hand with much to his confusion "this is just to cover up the damage so no one can see it, should also keep pieces of plastic from chipping off all over the place" you explained before abruptly erasing your explanation from his mind by kissing the back of his hand quickly "I really like you a lot too" you said with a chuckle, Moon sat frozen in place staring at you for a long while before looking at his hand, then you again "come to think of it I think I got a scratch on my face too" he mumbled, you furrowed your brow with mild but genuine concern "where? Does it hurt?" You asked, grabbing the edges of his faceplate and pulling his head down to look over his face carefully, he pointed at his cheek "here"
You squinted "I don't see a scratch" then you heard his fans whirring quietly and realized what he was doing "oooohhh there it is" you said with a giggle before leaning in and pressing a gentle kiss to his cheek "there, all better!"
The animatronic happily leaned his forehead against yours for a moment and the two of you sat silently for a while before he finally went back to working on fixing his cards, he found all of the pieces of one of them and taped it back together before finally dropping it into an old fashioned Fazbear branded tin lunchbox which was sitting beside him, you were still watching him tape cards together when the door was suddenly shoved open and to your shock two police officers walked in "um...hi? How can I help you?" You questioned, Vanessa then poked her head into the room "you're trespassing" she stated
"Trespas- I work here! The Plex isn't even closed yet!" You responded, trying not to sound too confrontational on account of the present law enforcement "you're in an employee only area without permission while off the clock, that's tres-" she was cut off by one of the officers "we can handle it from here ma'am" she glared at you and slunk back out of the door
One of the officers beckoned to you "well, c'mon then" you sighed but slowly got up from your spot on the floor and carefully stepped past all the paper scraps "they're not in trouble are they?" Moon asked, sounding genuinely concerned "they'll be let off with a warning this time, we just have to escort them outside" one officer explained as the other herded you towards the door like a sheep "I'll see you tomorrow!" You called to Moon, he simply waved.
As was said you were simply escorted out of the building and sent on your way, not even noticing that you were still wearing your fazwatch until you were already home laying in bed, you stared at the device again, finally deciding to open your messages and see if it still had connection while being away from the plex, you sent a message to Sun and Moon "goodnight you two, I love you", to your surprise the message sent

((A/N: so that you're aware, shit will be hitting the fan in the next chapter and it might take a while to write))