14. And These Guys

Start from the beginning

Izuku stood up from his chair and watched with forming tears as they both asked to give him their own hard-earned points.

The girl talked about how he should've had more points with his power, and believed Izuku would have gotten more if he didn't stop to save her.
It was clear that she wanted to repay him.

(Y/n) told them with absolute certainty that Midoriya was their best choice when it came to potential heroes, and brought up a good point about the girl possibly dying if he hadn't stepped in.

Nice Girl: "Please, sir! Can't you... give him some of my points?!"

(Y/n): "Just like a few or something? I mean, this guy got me to come here! He inspired me. I think that, plus everything else we've seen, is worth something."

*pause*

All Might: "It's your actions that inspire others. You're courage inspired these two that day..."

It was already too late for poor Izuku, after hearing the genuine words from both his mentor/hero and his best friend.

All Might: "You have made it! You are now part of the Hero Academia!"

Izuku: *sniff* "Thanks!"

Flashback End

Izuku: "My acceptance letter... I was sure I wouldn't get in, but then All Might said there was more to the exam. He said I won Rescue Points, and because of that I did pass!

(Y/n): "Sounds about right."

Izuku: "You wanted to give me your points anyways,because I inspired you?"

(Y/n): "Yup."

Izuku: "What? T-that can't be true. I don't really know that girl, but how could I have inspired you? You're amazing compared to me, and I just... I..."

(Y/n): "Remember a long time ago with the sludge man? When I said you did something even I wouldn't have done?"

Izuku: "Yeah, but..."

(Y/n): "Yup. I have all of these powers, but I'm not nearly as strong as you are."

Izuku: *gasps* "Not as strong? What do you mean?"

(Y/n): "I need you to know that All Might's wrong about me.
Before I came to... Musutafu, I lived my whole life not even thinking about being a Hero, because it just wasn't possible. I never thought I could have that inner strength, and I didn't think I'd ever need to have it.
I never gave that kind of power a thought until I saw it in you."

Izuku: ...

(Y/n): "If you were alone, terrified, and up against the most powerful villain in the world without One for All, I know you would face that monster if it meant keeping everyone safe. I've seen it for myself!
Your courage is what inspires me. The courage you have to act.
Powers or no powers, it's a choice you make, but one that not everyone will.
You would make that choice every time it mattered, and that's what separates 'people with powers' from true Heroes.
It's what separates me from you."

Izuku: "..."

(Y/n): *smiles* "Izuku Midoriya, I'm proud to call you my friend! I just hope I can be a Hero like you one day."

Izuku: "... You believe in me."

(Y/n): 'Cuz I know you're the main character, but yeah.'
"Yup!"

*HUG*

(Y/n): "Yup! There it is."

Izuku: *muffled* "... Thank you...
... I wanted to say 'thank you'..."