"I am sorry Sitara, sorry that I could not protect you. Sorry that I blamed you for everything. Thank you that you saved your brother that night, thank you for not letting my son die" she said and Sitara cried hard. She felt her hand on her head and she removed it with a jerk, "Ammy What are you doing? What happened with Nargis will not happen again with anyone in this house" she blurted. She can't imagine him hurting her mother. "There is no one at home, Faizan is also not here, your room is locked. How will he know?" She countered. "No I can't risk it. He always knows. He knows everything" she said shaking her head.

She remembered when he caught her at the bus station, she never understood how he knew that she left her house or she bought the ticket in the fake name but she never doubted him since then.

Ten months ago

She remembered returning to an empty house because Faizan didn't just take Rihan. He took everyone.

"Khamoshi achi nahi lag rahi hai na is ghar mei" Sitara shivered at his voice. (The silence doesn't look good in this house, isn't it?) He wishpered in her ears as they came back from the bus station.

They came inside and she was still quivering in fear as to what he will do with them. He took her hand and slid her engagement ring back on her finger taking out from his pocket. She gulped knowing that she kept it in her room, how does he has it.

"Don't worry they are all with Faizan, he took them out to see the market. Chand raat hai aaj. Bhool gai? Kal Eid hai." (Today is the night fair, did you forget, tomorrow is Eid) he said tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear with a smile.

He took her hand and guided her towards the couch, he sat her down and crouched before her. He took out a velvet box and opened it. Taking her foot he kept it on his knee. What is he doing she thought and she wanted to ask but considering the situation she is in she couldn't gather the courage. He has her whole family, God knows what is going on with them.

He took off her slipper "Fikr mat karo sab thik hain, mehfoos hain. Khush hain" (Don't worry, they are all okay. They are all safe. They are all happy) he said sensing her terror. Even her foot he was holding was trembling and he brushed it lightly with his hands. He placed an anklet on it.

The heavy silver ornament hugged her skin. It was so beautiful, embellished, oxidized silver. It was thick and had these small anklet bells all around which will make a sound on her step. It had big magenta and green stones around the lock. That increased its weight. He repeated the process with her other foot saying "Jab tak hamari Jaana hamari ban ke rahegi tab tak sab khush rahenge. Aur agar hamari Sitara kisi aur ke liye chamkegi to wo rahenge hi nahi." (Till the time my life will remain mine, they will remain happy and safe but when my Sitara will decide to light up for someone else they won't be alive to be happy or safe) he said pressing the lock hard, making her wimper.

He looked at her feet which are now engulfed in these anklets and kissed them. A gasped escaped her "Allah, aap ky-kya kar rahein hain" (what are you doing?) She asked all flustered how can he kiss her feet. "Eid Mubarak ho Jaana" (Happy Eid, my life). He said with a smirk, keeping her feet down on the floor

"Aap-aapko bhi" (to you too) she replied to him. He stood up and so did she, rather she tried. She stumbled because of the weight. She held onto his shoulders to save herself from falling and he held her by waist. "So-sorry, Ji-wo-kafi bhari hai pajeb" (the anklet is quite heavy), she stuttered composing myself " Ji mohabbat hai hamari, halki kaise padh sakti hai " (It's my love, how can it be weightless) he said with a smile and the darkness in his eyes made her swallow "Neither do I want that you try to run again" he taunted her on the stunt she pulled.

"Dheere dheere aadat padh jaegi. Khaer hamara tohfa?" (Slowly you will get used to it. Anyways my gift of eid?) He asked with a wink. "W-what do-do you want?" She asked with trembling voice. He let out a smirk and pulled her closer making her hiss. "Tumhari wafa" (your loyalty) and she nodded.

"Kabhi bhool ke bhi aaj jo galti ki hai wo dobara mat karna." (Don't ever repeat the mistake you did today) and she nodded again desperately. "Agar hamari zindagi se jaogi to tab jab hum khud tumhare seene mei khanjar maarege. Agar usse pehle kisi ne bhi tumhe humse dur karne ki koshish ki ya tumne khud ko humse dur karne ki koshish ki to hum tumhari is duniya ko zinda jala kar raakh kar denge" (if you will ever leave my life, then it will be only when I will drive a dagger through your heart. If anyone else tried to take you away from me or if you tried to leave me then I will burn your fucking world alive and turn it into ashes) he said leaving her stunned at his words. The intensity of his each word, the desire in his eyes, the obsession in his intentions makes her loose her sanity.

Present

"Sitara?" Zahra's voice brought her back to present. "Yeah Ammy" she wiped her tears and brought her attention back to her mother.

"I love you my child. Just remember no matter where I am, I will always love you and you will always have my blessings" she said and Sitara nodded "Thank you Ammy" she said with a smile. "Sleep sweetheart, it's quite late" she said and got up still patting her head.

She smiled as Zahra left the room. She needed this. She needed to know that her mother still loves her. That her anger, her spitefuness has not turned the love for Sitara into hatred. She felt content talking to her.

She sat there on her bed looking at those anklets, remembering how he said she will get used to them. She did get used to them. The weight doesn't bother her too much now. Though its weight still slows her down. Still it hurts if she run wearing them, but she has now grown use to wearing them.

She never took them off since the moment he gave her. She never had the courage only. The voice of its bells echoes in her ear at every step. Bediyan hain Sitara, halki to nahi hongi na she said to herself grazing her fingers on them. (These are the chains of his ownership how can they be lighter in weight)

She laid down on the bed. The house was silent, no one could say that there is a wedding after one day. There weren't any decorations or functions going on which is good. Though she always wanted a big wedding. Big themes, colors, music, people, dancing but with someone she love, not with someone who makes her heartbeat stop in fear with his just one look.

There is nothing to pack either, he said nothing to bring. No clothes, no stuff nothing. He said only if there is anything that has emotional value to her like some photographs or anything, she can take that and Faizan has already took those, which she had decided to take with her. So she have no work, accept to let her beauty sleep take over.