𝟬𝟱. the halloween dance

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
FIVE!
the halloween dance
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

 ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮ FIVE!the halloween dance ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

         Halloween had to be Riley Lawrence's favourite holiday of all time and that was a huge statement coming from someone who believes that it's acceptable to begin wearing a santa hat in November. But there was just something special about the holiday and how it never failed to bring her immense happiness.

She practically loved everything that was associated with Halloween. She loved all of the spooky skeletons, craved pumpkins and fake cobwebs that littered every square inch of the world. She loved watching scary movies under the comfort of a warm blanket. She loved the act of dressing up but she especially loved all of the sweet treats that she was allowed to consume until her teeth rotted out.

The girl could still vividly remember the amount of candy that she used to bring home after a long night of trick or treating. She would dress up in her little princess dress and her father would take her to practically every house in Reseda to allow her to collect as much candy as her heart desired. They would stay out so late that they would come back home, frozen to the bone from the chilled air but she still enjoyed the experience.

Even though, Riley was no longer a little child, dressed in a princess gown and batting her soft eyelashes for free candy, her love for the holiday never seemed to disappear. She continued to have a special place in her heart that was designated for the holiday. She looked forward to celebrating it every year, no matter how old she had become.

So when the annual Halloween dance had appeared on the calendar at West Valley High, Riley knew that she had to show up in the best costume known to mankind. She wouldn't dare want to look anything that would be deemed as mediocre, especially compared to the cheap costumes of her fellow students. She needed to be bold, she needed to make a statement.

For this Halloween, she decided to dress up as her favourite anime character, Levi Ackerman in his garrison attire and she shedded a lot of blood, sweat and tears just to bring her brilliant idea to life.

The girl spent almost a month of her own time just to prepare for her unveil on the special night. She did everything by hand, the sketching, the sewing of the fabrics and any other minor but tedious details that would tie the look together. She never felt so much pain in her life and she did intense sports but that's how agonizingly long the process felt. In the end, she constructed the perfect costume that she was immensely proud of.

When the night of the school dance had finally rolled around, Riley couldn't help but believe that she had the best costume. She could immediately tell the difference between her costume and the rest of her peers. Her costume was practically a piece of artwork, filled with intricate details that showcased the amount of time and effort that she had put into it. She wanted to looked her best and she did.