Dark Side on the Rise

Start from the beginning

"I noticed, sleemo!" (Y/N) exclaimed, as he could feel the electricity beginning to tear him apart. "Now how do I stop it so I can stop being a living generator over here?!"

"Calm down, (Y/N)!" Obi-Wan yelled at the boy.

"Easy for you to say! You're not having enough electricity running through your arms to power Coruscant ten times over!"

"Then send it somewhere!"

(Y/N) gritted his teeth in pain, throwing his hands towards the sky. In doing so, he allowed an immense crimson bolt to seemingly strike him, except it was quite the opposite. He had thrown the crimson bolt into the sky. When the dust finally settled, he was still left with the gloves and vambraces made of lightning, but it was no longer sparking off of him wildly. (Y/N) looked at his hands in amazement, unsure of what this meant for him.

"All of you must leave, now!" the Father screamed, wanting to shoo the Jedi and (Y/N) off of the planet. "My son needs one of your ships to leave. If he cannot take one, he shall be forced to remain here."

"And what about you?" Obi-Wan asked.

"I shall mourn all that has occurred," the Father replied, cradling the Daughter's body, "and all that is yet to be."

"Are you kidding me?" (Y/N) asked, incredulous. "I can't step foot on a ship like this, I'll fry everything on it! And I'm not talking a light zap, I'm talking 'so much that a Hutt would send it back' level fried."

"Then we disable it for now," Anakin suggested. "Ahsoka, you go with (Y/N) to his ship and drain its fuel lines. Obi-Wan and I will pick you up."

"And what am I supposed to do, Skyguy?" (Y/N) asked, ready to poke holes in his plan. "As long as the Force is like this, I'm a walking EMP. I'd be stuck here!"

"Well, sometimes we just need to make sacrifices," Anakin responded, ignoring the boy's complaints. (Y/N) was about to pipe up again, but Anakin had already begun walking away with Obi-Wan. (Y/N) simply rolled his eyes in frustration. That did his already unstable lightning no favors, as a spark jumped from his elbow to Ahsoka, who yelped in surprise.

"Sorry. This stuff responds to emotions, and your master is really pissing me off," (Y/N) apologized.

"No, no, it's fine," Ahsoka assured. "It wasn't like it was sustained or anything. It felt like the shock you get when you pick up your robes from the floor."

"Oh, so barely anything then," (Y/N) chuckled, remembering what little good times he had at the Jedi Temple, before he was taken as Mace's Padawan learner. The two began their walk towards the Reckoner, ready to disable it.

"So, how's the Dark Side been treating you?" Ahsoka asked, attempting to spark small talk with her old friend. Partially because she was genuinely interested in catching up, and mostly to alleviate some of the boredom that would inevitably come from the walk.

"Well, it certainly has its advantages," (Y/N) replied, about to demonstrate some of his tricks with lightning before remembering how unstable his current lightning was and mentally kicking himself. "I'm not going to take you as an Apprentice in it, Ahsoka, if that's what you're asking."

Ahsoka scoffed in response before continuing, "No, it's not. I just... the Masters in the Temple are saying all these things about you, how you've surely become an omnicidal maniac, how you wouldn't hesitate to cut any Jedi down. And yet, here you stand, having just apologized to me after accidentally shocking me."

"Ahsoka, the Sith have been believed extinct for a millennia. History is written by the winners, and of course those in power would wish to portray every last one of those who stood against them as irredeemable," (Y/N) explained. "Don't get me wrong, lords like Vitiate and Nihilus absolutely were, and I'm glad someone brought them down. But Nox? Revan? Hell, even Malgus, the guy who killed Nox, who I should be royally angry at, was decent until the Empress made him a prisoner inside his own body."

The walk continued in silence, Ahsoka pondering (Y/N)'s words and (Y/N) allowing her time to ruminate upon them. He would have pulled his book out, but at this moment he was concerned that doing so would cause the pages to ignite.

Once they arrived, (Y/N) told Ahsoka where to go within the ship to remove the fuel tank. It took her a while to find it, but she eventually did. While she was searching, (Y/N) was attempting to practice with his new crimson lightning. He wasn't doing too hot, as he was attempting to shock only one tree. Every single time he blasted only one tree, the lightning would always jump to the next, causing some of them to be set alight. He dared not use powers like Convection or Cryokinesis, for fear of pushing his body temperature to an extreme. Feeling his anger boiling, and not wanting to fry his ship, he walked further into the woods, wanting to unleash his anger without hurting anything or anyone.

After walking by himself for a short time, he came to a stop. He looked at his hand, at the crimson lightning coating it, and it only served to increase his anger even further. He hated his lack of control. He hated the fact that he couldn't even walk onto his own ship without frying everything aboard. But most of all, he hates that all of this hatred was only causing him to lose even more of what little control he still has. It came to so much of a head, that he once again could no longer contain the electricity within his body.

Crimson electricity shot out of his body in a spherical shape, killing all of the trees around him. The soil around him was scorched, blackened at the very center. The electricity remained on his arms as they were before, though now (Y/N) had some time alone to notice the pattern of them. There were lines of electricity running from his knuckle to the back of his palm, where it condensed into the shape of a human eye. From there, it snaked its way to his wrist, before wrapping around it and running clear down to below his elbow. (Y/N) sat on the forest floor, placing his head into his hand. As far as (Y/N) knew, he couldn't board a ship. If he couldn't board a ship, he couldn't leave the planet. And if he couldn't leave the planet, then he could never see anyone ever again. He would be alone for the rest of his life, with only the Father and the Son for company. And the last time he felt like he was alone in that manner, was when he was under Windu's tutelage. As much as he hated to admit it...

(Y/N) was well and truly afraid.