𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

Magsimula sa umpisa

✧༺♥༻✧

    Wishing Dagoo a goodnight, Hyejin was quick to get out of the car and make her way around to stand beside Taemoo.

    "Unfortunately, I know you. It was so obvious, you were gonna pretend to go and get back to work. I wanna see both of you head in. Have fun. Get to it." Dagoo said, motioning for them to leave. Taemoo was quick to begin walking away while Hyejin stayed back to bow politely before wishing the gray haired man goodnight.

     "Taemoo." She called out quietly as she jogged to catch up to him, grabbing his wrist to slow him down. "We can wait inside until your grandfather leaves." They both turned back, only to see that Dagoo was still there, motioning for them to continue walking in.

     "He'll probably just stay right out front. He won't leave until the concert starts." Taemoo said. "Just give up."

     The girl in pink stood in place as Taemoo continued to walk. She let out a deep sigh at the serious man before glancing around at the crowded concert venue. All of a sudden, her eyes lit up at the sight of something near the entrance of the concert hall doors. Quickly jogging to catch up to the man, Hyejin swiftly grabbed his hand, interlocking their fingers as she smiled at a few people that recognized her.

     "Follow me." Was all she said before weaving Taemoo and herself through the crowded groups of people, occasionally bumping into people and muttering apologies. As they made it at the entrance,  she swiftly avoided the large doors, positive that they were out of his grandfather's sight.

    "Where are we going?" Instead of answering his question, Hyejin let go of his hand and began walking towards the only other people she spotted. A young couple seated on the swings of the playground she found earlier.

     "Hello." She smiled, slightly bowing politely at the two as she approached them. "Are you guys planning on going to the concert?"

     "Oh, I wish." The girl sighed dreamily, fiddling with the sleeves of the oversized flannel draped on her shoulders.

     "We tried getting tickets but they were sold out almost immediately." The boyfriend explained, a small smile making its way onto Hyejin's face when she saw the tight hold he had on his girlfriend's hand.

     Opening up her pink Hermes purse, Hyejin shuffled through the contents of the bag ignoring Taemoo's uninterested gaze. "I was planning on going to the concert, but there was a change of plans. So I guess you two are in luck."

     "Are you selling them?" The boyfriend asked, him and his girlfriend quickly standing up, excited at the sight of the tickets.

     "No." Hyejin shrugged, zipping up her purse and holding onto the tickets in her hands. "You can have them for free." After getting everything settled with the couple, they made their way to the entrance while Hyejin plopped onto one of the previously occupied wooden swings.

     "Why'd you do that?" Taemoo asked after a beat of silence, staring down at Hyejin with his hands in his pockets.

    Letting out a small breath, Hyejin looked up at him with a small shrug. "I didn't want to drag you into another situation you didn't have time for. I know the meeting with your grandfather took a lot longer than you hoped it would."

    "You didn't have to give the tickets away, you could've gone in alone." He shrugged, refusing to look at her.

     "Of course I didn't have to give them away." She chuckled. "But how could I resist when the couple looked so cute together. Anyways, you can leave now if you'd like. The concert's still going on for awhile."