[ 12 ] Running away is what I usually do best

Start from the beginning

"But dad that is so unfair," I trail off in annoyance, "you know how much I need that car for school and please don't punish Natalie for my mistakes."

I know what I've done is wrong but he is just taking it way too far.

He shrugs. "Whatever punishment Natalie gets, is entirely up to her parents. And as for you Emery, you're not driving your car anytime soon, now, go to your room."

My whole body is fuelled with rage and the tears from my eyes immediately dry off.

This day has officially turned into one of the worst days of my life.

➴      ➵     ➴      ➵     ➴       ➵

The next couple of days don't get better either. During the weekend I've had to stay in my room for the whole day and I was only called to come downstairs for breakfast, lunch and diner. I received a lot of texts messages from Anthony but I successfully managed to ignore them. I wasn't too fond of the Internet either once I learnt from Aaliyah that a video of me getting soaked by Stacey's punch juice at Evangelina's party surfaced all over Facebook and Instagram.

As if my life couldn't get worst than it already was.

On Monday, I find myself in a situation where I'm obliged to take the public transportation since the school bus doesn't stop by around my neighborhood.

Taking the public bus to school is something that I've usually hated doing back when I didn't own a car. The seats were always occupied, and I occasionally found myself squashed with tons of people indoors which wasn't comfortable.

By the time I arrive to school, I'm instantly greeted by a pair of different gazes as I make my way towards my locker with music blasting through my earphones. I am prepared to shut the world out and anticipate for the final bell ring to come already.

A yawn escapes me while I reach my locker. As I twist the combination, a slight tap on my shoulder stops me from what I'm doing. I remove an earbud and turn my head around to identify the person who's interceding with my music. "What do you want?"

Anthony doesn't appear to be shocked by my blunt greeting. It's almost as if he were expecting it. "I deserve it."

I manage to throw him a blank look as I quit the task of decoding my lock combination. "Great, well are you done?"

Anthony scratches the back of his head before heaving a sigh. "Look, I know what I said to you on Friday was harsh, and I'm here to apologize. I shouldn't have said either of those things to you."

I pull out a dry laugh. "You seriously don't get it do you?"

Anthony throws me a confused expression. "Get what?"

"What you said to me on Friday was just a bonus but the main reason why you pissed me off, is mainly because you chose to believe Stacey. It was her word against mine and like the sweet boyfriend that you are, chose to defend her, and was blinded by her deviousness while in reality, she was the one who provoked me in the first place." I hiss vehemently, pulling everything off my chest.

Anthony's eyes glisten with sympathy. "Okay, I know I screwed up but what was I supposed to do? Stacey's been vocal lately about you guys always getting into a fight and I just thought that—"

"You just thought that what? " I retort, interrupting him. "That I started it, that I provoked your stupid girlfriend in the first place? Do you still think that I even started it?"

He doesn't respond which confirms his answer to the question.

"That's what I thought," I prepare to leave the place but he's quick to catch my arm.