CHAPTER THIRTY - DINNER WITH THE FUTURE IN-LAWS

Start from the beginning

"Tell me, Hermione, you have been in the company of my daughter - alone - for a week to see if you wanted to solidify your bond with her. You must understand a few things about the Delacour Family: While I am not a Veela myself, the Veela are very trusting of the person they have been mated to and would do anything for them; going to any length to make them happy but they deserve the same treatment in return. This is my warning to you: If you break my daughter's heart for your selfish reasons, I will come for you and your family and all you are worth. Do you understand, Dagworth-Granger?" Darius asked as he narrowed his eyes with his teeth bearing as if he had fangs but his wife placed a hand on his shoulder, causing him to look at her.

"Darius, my love, you are scaring the poor girl. I have seen the way Hermione looked at our daughter during the dinner; it is rather clear that Hermione would not do anything to harm our daughter and will keep her safe." Apolline said as she looked at her daughter and her mate. Hermione looked at the rings on her hand with concern - would her station bring danger to her mate? Fleur placed her hand on Hermione's hand, covering the rings and making Hermione look at her - concern in Fleur's eyes made Hermione grab Fleur's hand, bring it to her lips and kiss her knuckles.

"Lord Delacour, I have been alone for a rather long time and Fleur comes into me and showed me that is more to life than my station. I've had friends betray me, golddiggers target me, and so many other things happen to me. Fleur is one of the main things in my life that made me happy and I shall not ruin her light. She is a part of me. I will burn this world for her. I would live for her. I would die for her. I would kill for her. I would give up my station to live happily for her." Hermione said as she looked into Fleur's eyes as tears flowed down her face, Fleur leaned forward and placed her lips on Hermione's, making the Hybrid purr against her lips and Fleur chuckle. Lord Darius looked at this display of affection and smiled before nodding.

"I understand your devotion to my daughter. When is the wedding?" He asked as Hermione and Fleur broke their kiss and looked at the parents.

"Well, I think Fleur has earned the right to plan the wedding and I would pay for it." Hermione explained as she looked at Lord Darius.

"Don't you mean your parents would pay for it?" Apolline asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No, My Lady. You see - The Dagworth-Granger Family has a tradition. We are providers for the ones who love and when we find someone we love, we are to pay for the entirety of the wedding to prove to our future in-laws that we are going to provide everything for our spouses and children." Hermione explained, at the word 'children', Fleur's face lit up like a Christmas Tree Light.

"Children? You see yourself having children with my daughter?" Darius asked with folded arms and a raised eyebrow.

"Well, I would love a family of my own one day. My Father said something about my body changing when I fully master the Dagworth-Granger's Power. I don't know how but I'll find out soon enough." Hermione said as she reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out a ring box and turned towards Fleur, opening it, revealing a female golden ring with all 4 of the Crests (Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Dagworth-Granger, and Saber-Lobos) in a circle. Fleur's eyes widened and her hands went to her mouth. "Fleur, I know that we have only been together for a week but I know that we are meant to be together - you allowed me to open my heart to you when I closed it out of fear of getting hurt. You have shown me love, respect, and courage; I don't want to share you with anyone and I want everyone to know that you are mine and mine alone. Will you accept this ring to show our bond and the fact that we are going to get married when we are old enough?"

"YES!" Fleur yelled as she jumped out of her chair and wrapped her hands around Hermione's neck and kissed her again before Hermione slid the ring onto Fleur's ring finger. Fleur's Parents looked at them and clapped along with the House Elves. 

"Well said, Hermione. We approve of your engagement to our daughter but there is one thing that I want to know." Darius said.

"Yes, Lord Darius?" Hermione asked.

"Your Firstborn... Can you name it after me?" He asked.

"Sorry, Love, but the firstborn shall be named after me." Apolline said as she smiled at Fleur and Hermione, "Right?"

Darius and Apolline glared at each other and started dating who the firstborn would be named after while Fleur looked at her ring and Hermione looked at her Fiancee. For the first time in her life, Hermione was really happy. While Fleur would be returning to France soon, she was going to enjoy the time she had with the woman she loved and we they met again, they were going to be married. Fleur looked up from her ring and nuzzled into her mate's chest and Hermione rested her head on top of Fleur's head.

"Is this what you were planning when you went into town alone that day?" Fleur asked.

"I wanted it to be a surprise and I hope you like the design of the ring. I want you to know that you are the Future Lady of Four Houses." Hermione said as she smiled at Fleur.

"I can't wait until we are married. Just one thing, Hermione: Don't let those whores near you, I don't mind sharpening my claws on their plastic faces." Fleur warned as her eyes flashed gold.

"Yes, Dear." Hermione gulp.

"Good." Fleur said as she kissed Hermione again.

This was the start of their eternal relationship.

[THE END]