A Reunion Of Sorts

Lance Hunter knew that he was walking into a trap. That was a pretty obvious fact. But it was Bobbi on the line. And he'd gladly walk into danger if it meant saving her. No matter the cost. He couldn't lose her. Hadn't meant it when he said he took back all the don't dies. Bobbi meant the world to him, and Lance couldn't just let Grant fucking Ward kill her.

His heart was hammering in his chest as he and his small team swept the building. He had to find her. Lance had to find her, make sure she was safe. It didn't matter what had happened between them. Not anymore. He just had to get to Bobbi before it was too late.

Lance ordered the small group to separate. They'd find her sooner if they spread out. Yeah, it may not be a smart move given that they had yet to come across Ward, but Lance couldn't bring himself to care. Rifle still pressed against his shoulder, Lance continued along the main hall. The hammering of his heart only grew faster, louder the longer he moved. Bobbi has to be here. She has to be.

The light on the top of his gun flashed over something red and Lance's heart stopped for a moment. Blood. Most likely Bobbi's. The former mercenary gave up all pretense of stealth and started moving quickly down the hall, gun held tightly. It took all of his willpower not to shout for his ex-wife. Not to call out her name, not to make a sound other than his feet slapping against the concrete floor. But then he came to a door, and traces of blood were visible.

"Bob? Bobbi are you in there?" Lance practically yelled before he could stop himself.

There was a muffled sound from the other side of the door that had Lance's heart skipping a beat. He didn't need to hear her actually speak to know that it was Bobbi. He'd lived with her long enough that he knew every sound she could make.

"Bobbi, I'm going to get you out of there. I'm going to get you out."

The gun was lowered and Lance produced a pair of lock picks. His hands almost shook too much to actually get the picks in the lock. Lance's frustration only mounted when he couldn't get the lock open. Taking a deep breath, he forced his hands to stop shaking long enough to pick the lock. Lance took a second to put the lock picks in his boot before reaching for the handle. He started to push the door open.

"Bobbi, I'm so-"

A gun went off.