~2~ Care of Magical Creatures

Start from the beginning

"Sucks to be you." I said softly.

Ollie shrugged. Academics wasn't something he was too focused on since he wanted to be a professional Quidditch player. As long as he passed his exams, he'd be alright.

"This year," Snape continued. "We will be learning much more complicated and personal potions, such as Veritaserum, Felix Felicis, Polyjuice and Amortentia. We will begin the first few weeks learning the ingredients, uses, and dangers for each potion, before we begin learning how to brew them. Now, turn to page 210, and take notes."

By the end of the class, Snape already assigned a five feet essay on Polyjuice.

"I can't believe this!" I said angrily, as we walked out of the classroom, towards the Common Room. "It's only the first day! I haven't even had the chance to breath yet!"

"I think it makes perfect sense," Percy said. "I mean, we are in our final year after all."

I looked at Percy. "Makes sense? You're crazy."

"Mad." Ollie agreed.

"Insane."

"Stup-"

"Alright!" Percy said irritably, speed walking ahead of us.

We all sat down and started working on our essays.

I looked over at Ollie, who was smiling at whatever he was writing about.

"You're not writing your essay." I said to him

"Yes I am." he said, not looking up.

I ripped his parchment away from him. "You lair! You're just making Quidditch plans!"

"Well, it's our final year. You and I want to make a big leave!"

"Well, number one on my list is to get top marks so that I can be accepted as an Auror." I said, turning back to my essay.

"Geek." he whispered to himself.

"I heard that." I said.

Later on, after lunch, Percy left to go to his other classes while Ollie went to finish his Quidditch plans. I started walking across the courtyard to Hagrid's hut for Care of Magical Creatures.

"Hey Sara!" someone called out behind me.

I turned around to see Ron, Harry and Hermione.

I smiled. "Hey!"

"Where are you going?" asked Hermione.

"I'm joining your class." I told them what McGonagall had told me.

"I agree wholeheartedly." Ron said happily, as we continued on our way. "Malfoy is terrified of you, you'll put him in his place."

I laughed a little, before noticing that Ron and Hermione weren't talking to each other. I leaned down to Harry. "What's up with them." I whispered.

"They had a little spat about something rude Trelawny said about Hermione." he whispered back.

"Oh, I'm so glad I don't need that useless class anymore."

We arrived at the edge of the Forbidden Forest, next to Hagrid's hut. Hagrid was waiting for us, looking a bit impatient. "C'mon, now, get a move on!" he called as the class approached.

"Why is there a seventh year here?" asked Pansy Parkinson, eyeing me.

"She wanted to take this class, and hopefully she'll also be a good influence on lots of ye." Hagrid explained. 

I looked at Pansy and grinned. She looked away.

"Anyways, I got a real treat for yeh today! Great lesson comin' up! Everyone here? Right, follow me!"