CHAPTER 1: COURAGE OF THE WEEK

ARTHUR POV :

“Dammit!” I let out a roar unfit for a four-year-old!

Willing all of the remaining mana left in this cursed body, I tackled my mother, propelling both of us out of the way.

I quickly realized my forty-pound-body didn’t carry enough momentum to push both of out of range of the water cannon.

No choice!

If I was going down, I was going to make sure to take that bastard down with me!

I channeled mana into my arms and pushed my mother farther down, out of range. In that moment, everything seemed to be moving in slow motion as my mother’s eyes slowly widened in panic and disbelief. She might get a pretty bad bruise from the push, but minor bodily injuries were the least of my problems at that moment. If she didn’t want to get hit with another spell I had to get rid of this conjurer.

Unsheathing the knife Jasmine gave me from my waist, I imbued it with mana. What I was trying to do I had only done with ki in my old world, never with mana.

After willing mana into the knife, I threw it like a boomerang, aiming it at the conjurer, who was still concentrating on the water cannon. Barely curving around the edge of the giant cannonball of water, I heard the firm thud of the knife meeting skin.

The mage let out a shrill howl of pain followed by a string of curses indicated that the mage wasn’t dead.

Losing concentration, the mage’s water cannon lost shape, but unfortunately, there was still a surge of water strong enough to push me off the cliff.

Time for plan B.

Plan B was just in case my initial throw couldn’t kill him. I managed succeeding in the gamble of Plan B, and that was creating a thin string of mana attaching the knife, currently

engorged somewhere in the conjurer's body, to my hand.

I tugged back on the mana string just as the spell rammed against my body like a brick wall, knocking every ounce of air i had in my lungs and most likely breaking my ribs. Like a fish caught on the line, I could hear the mage's scream over the gushing tide of water as he was helplessly dragged down with me by the force of his own spell.

Even as my vision began darkening, I was able to see the battle coming to an end. Father and Helen had just managed to kill the leader. Angela, providing Jasmine with backup, allowed them to put the whip-user on his last stand. Meanwhile, i spotted Durden as he was desperately conjuring a spell in order to save me, but I knew it was too late; the spell had knocked me too far away.

Still, I was comforted in the fact that everyone will be okay. Maybe the only thing I would regret being unable to see my baby sibling.

With that, I felt the cold grip of sleep steal me away.

Damn... I had always wanted to be an older brother.

As i was thinking that the world around me stopped??

A screen appeared in front of me

*COURAGE OF THE WEEK*

YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN AS PLAYER
DO YOU ACCEPT

YES NO

" Uh what if i say no "

*YOUR HEART WILL STOP IN 0.004 SECOND*

" I don't have any choice now do i?"I sighed
" Al right i accept "

" WELCOME PLAYER "

*CURRENT STATUS*