Adrielle

I walked with my mom out of the ice cream shop with a lemon flavored ice cream in a cup. My mom got vanilla in a cone. It was amazing, but I had to hurry and eat it so I could go out with my friends to the park.
I started eating so fast, that my ice cream started dripping down my chin onto my shirt. "Slow down, Adri. We don't want you to get brain freeze." my mom joked. "Too late." I groaned, holding my head in agony while I had a brain freeze. My mom laughed while I was in pain. "This is no laughing matter, mother!" I playfully scolded her. She continued laughing which put a tiny smile on my face.

We stopped at a sidewalk, laughing about something random I said, when I saw it. It was a beautiful crystal that had a shiny silver cover. "Oh, my, god, MOM!" I practically yelled. My mom stopped laughing and looked at me with concern. "What's wrong?" she asked genuinely. "There it is! Mom, it's the legit wishing star!" I said, excited that it was the real thing.
My mom looked around, and looked back at me. "Sweetie, there is no star." Mom said. "What do you mean? It's right there......" I trailed off, seeing as there was nothing there. "That's strange..." I mumbled. "Must be your imagination. Now come on, let's walk and eat. Your ice cream is melting." Mom said, pulling me off the sidewalk and onto the road. "Yeah, must be.." I finally answered. I looked back at where the wishing star was, but again, there was nothing there. I finally gave up and continued eating my ice cream.

The streets of New York were as busy as ever, so it took Mom and I about thirty minutes to get home. Our ice creams had melted by then, and were just flavored milk. "Ew." I said when I saw my flavored milk. I playfully gagged at the sight and dumped in down the trashcan. "Delicious!" The trashcan replied. "Oh shut up." I said, rolling my eyes. "Sorry, I cannot power down unless you say the words 'power down, Derby'." my trashcan said. "Power down, Derby." I muttered. "Good night!" it said before powering down. "I swear, technology is not advanced at all." I said to my self. "It's dumber." Mom said, bringing me some Chinese food she ordered. "But delivery is better." I said, digging in before Mom sat down. "Amen to that." My mom joked. "Now I would say, 'dig in', but you already did."
Mom sat down right next to me, and turned on the television to some random show. We knew we weren't paying attention at all to the tv. It was just background music so we weren't in complete silence. "So how was your day at school?" Mom asked me, face filled with rice. I laughed when I saw rice at the corner of her mouth. Mom must've noticed, because she asked me if she had something on her face. "Yeah, you do." I said, wiping the tears from my eyes because of how hard I was laughing. "Your sense of humor is broken, just like your father's. It is not that funny." Mom tried to say, but she ended up laughing as well. "Laughter is contagious, mom." I said after I finally calmed down. "Yes, it is. But you completely dodged my question, Adri." Mom reminded me. "It was.....alright." I said, hesitantly.

Mom turned off the tv and looked at me. "Adrielle. Tell me what's wrong." she demanded. I started explaining my day to her. "Max told everyone that I am anorexic, because sometimes I don't eat lunch or breakfast." I said. "Max....the one with the weird hair and fake tattoo on his face?" Mom asked. I nodded. "Now everyone thinks I'm anorexic. Like what the heck?" My head hurt a little so I stopped talking. "What about Caleb? How has he been treating you?" I quickly asked, getting the subject off of me and onto Mom. She laughed. "Well, it has been a little rough." Mom said. "How?" I asked, continuing to stuff my face with an egg roll. "I stayed at his house for a while, just to see his mistresses." Mom explained, picking at her food.
"Plural?"
"Yeah.."
I grabbed my mom's hand in comfort. "He's a total ass, you know. He doesn't deserve you. If I was in that situation, I would tell him to get the hell out of my life and stay there." I said truthfully. "Watch your language, Adrielle." Mom scolded lightly. She sighed shortly after. "But yeah, I guess you're right." Mom admitted. "Glad you see that I'm always right." I joked. "Yeah, yeah. Now eat. Your food is starting to get cold." Mom warned. I giggled but complied.