chapter six: the gray shirt

When Anabella woke up the next day, she immediately noticed that her head and back hurt. And it was still dark, why was she already awake?

And after looking around, she realized that she was still lying on the sofa and that noises were coming from the kitchen.

She sat up confused, she must have fallen asleep on the sofa. But where did the blanket come from?

When she slowly got up, she noticed that she was also still wearing her bikini, shit.

"Sorry for waking you up," she then heard Joel say quietly from the kitchen.

Surprised, she immediately took the blanket and wrapped it around herself.

"Oh uhm it's okay, at least I can sleep in a bed now" she murmured back and headed for the stairs.

And when Joel came out of the kitchen with a coffee, all he could see was Anabella wrapped in a blanket going up the stairs.

But before she went to her room, she entered the bathroom to remove her make-up and take off her bikini. And when she noticed that she still smelled like chlorine, she decided to take a shower.

A few minutes later she got out of the shower again and dried off. But Anabella was too tired to realize that the gray shirt lying on the washing machine wasn't her gray oversized pajama shirt, but instead Joel's, and so she put it on.

And then she went to her room and fell asleep immediately.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Joel came home from work shortly after 4pm. He went straight to the bathroom to take a shower and then do the laundry.

After a quick look around in the bathroom, he put his dark laundry in the washing machine. Wasn't his gray shirt in the bathroom too?

When he saw that Sarah's laundry wasn't there, even though he had told her in the morning, he sighed and called his daughter. He knew she wasn't home as she and Kylie were preparing something for their college thesis for September, since they are in the same class.

"Hey Dad, what's up?" his daughter asked after she answered after the first ring.

"Hi Sarah, didn't you put your dark clothes in the bathroom?"

"Oh, no I forget, but it's in the laundry basket in my room"

"Okay, can I go get it?"

"Uh yeah sure, why are you even asking that?" Sarah asked confused.

"Because you like to get upset when I go into your room"

"That's not true. But just ignore the mess, the laundry basket is right next to the door anyway" she replied with a chuckle.

"Okay yes. Do you hang it up later?"

"Yes Dad" she replied with a sigh.

"Okay, and when will you come back home?"

"I don't know yet. Oh and is Ana still sleeping? She doesn't text me back, but she should be awake or she will be late for work"

"I don't know, I didn't see her around the house"

"Oh, well can you wake her up?"

"Wake her up?"

"Yes just wake her up. So she won't be late"

"Uh yeah sure"

"Thanks Dad, I gotta go, see you later. Love you"

"Love you too, bye"