H - Chapter 6

"Alina!" The Darkling called the name of his beloved, and she walked up to him and looked at him—her face inches from his. There was always an unnecessary amount of tension in the air when they were around each other.

"Kirigan," Alina smiled.

"Ready to go?" The Darkling said softly, tilting her chin up with his fingertips.

"Yes, let's." Alina responded, looking into his eyes.

She helped Kirigan into his elegant black Kefta, and the two were out the door on the way to the nearest tavern.

"Oi! Darklina! Over here!" Jespers familiar voice sounded, and he beckoned for the two of them to come over to him when they walked through the doors of The Rubber Duckling. It was a ruffian filled hub for sketchy people. Alina rolled her eyes at Jesper's use of her and the Darkling's ship name. Jesper was sitting at a table with Milo the Goat in his arms. Across from him sat none other than Anakin Skywalker, Padme, Willy Wonka, Captain Von Trapp, and a very very drunk Dawson. Kirigan raised his eyebrow at the strange group of people.

"Ah, if it isn't Alina, hello beautiful," Dawson said, standing up. He was completely delirious.

"Will you shut up, you blithering idiot." Severus Snape walked up from behind Dawson and hit the back of his head with a tattered copy of Advanced Potion Making. Dawson fell hunched over on his chair.

"Thank you greasy old man!" Willy Wonka said with a giggle. "That boy was a blithering idiot!" Severus shot a look in the direction of Willy.

"Yes, thank you." Padme said wearily.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but what are all of you doing here?" Alina asked the group.

"It was merely a... Coincidence." Captain Von Trapp said thoughtfully.

"Yes, what he said, Padme and I simply ran into all of them here—this wasn't planned whatsoever," Anakin added.

"Funny that a whole bunch of tributes ended up in the same place, though." Jesper said this jovially.

"Funny, yes." Anakin pondered.

"PADME WILL YOU MARRY ME?" Dawson shot up from his hunched over position. Everyone looked in his direction.

"THAT'S MY WIFE!" Anakin yelled, drawing his lightsaber.

"Enough, Ani, please. He's just a boy," Padme placed a hand on Anakin's forearm. Though it didn't show much, she was, in fact, mildly distressed. Before Anakin had time to reply, a television that was placed in the middle of the tavern flicked on. O'Hare was the one on the screen, and nearly the whole tavern groaned at the sight of him.

"Hello my minions!" O'Hare began. "Wait, no, never mind," he backtracked. "I'm going to get on with it, because who has time for speeches, right?" O'Hare paused, as if the audience viewing the television were supposed to laugh. Nobody did, but O'Hare didn't know that. He simply continued. "I am here to inform you that we are going to forgo training, have a sleepover with all fifty tributes tonight, and the games will commence at 3 AM tomorrow!"

An audible collective gasp was heard throughout the tavern.

"That's all—O'Hare, out!"

The screen went black, and Milo the goat screamed.