✨️Jack - Apocalypse (Part One)

Y/N POV:

I was alone in the ruins of a city that used to be my home. The air was thick with dust, and everything around me was destroyed. It had been months since I had seen another living soul.

I was scavenging through an old store, searching for anything I could use or trade when I heard a noise. It was faint, but it sounded like someone was shuffling around outside.

I froze, listening intently. Then I heard it again, louder this time. I crept towards the window and peered outside.

There, on the other side of the street, I saw a figure moving cautiously towards the store. I couldn't see them clearly, but they looked like they were carrying something.

I hesitated for a moment, unsure whether to approach them or hide. But something inside me compelled me to take a chance. I slipped out of the store and cautiously made my way across the street.

As I got closer, I could see that the figure was a young man. He was dressed in ragged clothes, and his face was dirty and smudged with soot. He had a backpack slung over his shoulder, and he was clutching a small metal box in his hands.

He spotted me and tensed up, his hand tightening around the metal box. I held up my hands in a gesture of peace.

"Hey, it's okay," I said softly. "I'm not going to hurt you."

He studied me warily for a moment before relaxing slightly. "Who are you?" He asked.

"My name's Y/N," I said. "I've been surviving on my own for a while now. Who are you?"

"My name's Jack," he said. "I'm with a group of survivors. We're trying to rebuild civilization."

I raised an eyebrow. "Rebuild civilization? That's a lofty goal. How's that going for you?"

He shrugged. "It's not easy. We're all from different factions, and we don't always get along. But we're trying."

I nodded, impressed. "That's admirable. What's in the box?"

At first, he pulled back and hesitated before holding it out to me. "It's a prototype for a generator we're working on. It's not much, but it's a start."

I looked at the box and examined it. It was a jumble of wires and metal parts, and it looked like it had been hastily put together. But it was clear that whoever had made it knew what they were doing.

"This is impressive," I said, handing it back to her. "You're a smart one, Jack."

He smiled, a hint of warmth in his eyes. "Thanks. I try."

We stood there for a moment, neither of us speaking. It was like we were both sizing each other up, trying to figure out if we could trust each other.

Finally, Jack spoke up. "Do you want to come with me? To our camp, I mean. You look like you could use some help."

I hesitated, not sure if I wanted to get involved with a group of strangers. But something about Jack's earnestness made me feel like I could trust him.

"Okay," I said. "I'll come with you."

*-----------------------------------------------------------*

Sorry for the short chapter. Part two and three will be up in the next few days.

Also, TYSM for over 100 views ❤️

Love you all, hug a friend, drink water, touch grass, AND remember to take care of yourself!

You are loved, and I hope you will have an amazing week!

-T ❤️