Chapter 1

Author's Note:
Just a few reminders!
1. English is not my first language, therefore, there could be mistakes on my sentences. I hope i'm forgiven!
2. The characters might be out of character but i tried my best.
3. I might add or remove some paragraphs to the uploaded chapters as i update! Finishing the story first might be the best idea but honestly, it's 4am right now and i never make the right decisions at midnight.
4. Characters curse, so beware!
5. Last of all, Harry Potter is not mine. They all belong to J.K. Rowling.
———————————————————————
It was James' 5th year when he realized the shift of his feelings towards the boy.
At first, he thought the jealousy was brewing towards him, but as he look at his smile that Lily created, he eventually figured that..he wants Severus to look at him that way.

He never once thought in his life that he would envy a woman. But what crazier is that he was falling for Severus.

That damn Snivellus had managed to capture James Potter's heart without him knowing.

The once large-hooked nose he always thought disgusting, was now fascinating to James. That same goes by his hair, how James would've love to bury his fingers through it.

James is done for.

Christ, how did this even started? For five years he tormented Severus and now he's daydreaming about being with him romantically. What he knows is that whenever he laid eyes on the boy, all he see is his future.

"Prongs for fucks sake!"

He flinched at the outburst near his ear. Sirius was looking annoyed beside him

"What the hell was that?" He confusingly asked.

Sirius gave him an "are you kidding" look which made him even more puzzled.

"I've been talking to you for the past ten minutes, your continuously 'mhm' and nods are pissing me off!" He snapped.

Remus lowered his book to peer at the scene before him with a raised brow while Peter, who was playing chess with Sirius, move his attention to them.

James slowly blinked, once, twice, thrice. Sirius had calmed down and he was now worried why his friend was acting like a lost dog for the past few days yet no one mentioned anything, assuming it was about Lily.

"I think" He started and the three perked "...I think we have to stop..tormenting Severus"

There was silence on the common room which was only reserved for the four of them since it was late. James suddenly became aware of what he just said and panicked, although he didn't show it. He observed their faces, Remus and Peter had a shock expression while Sirius, looked like he didn't heard him at all.

"Pardon?" He asked with his usual tone.

James rolled his eyes "We have to stop bothering Severus"

There was silence again.

Until, Sirius bursted out laughing. The sound echoed through the room, which followed by Peter's as well. James was glad that he have one friend that's sane, and he's talking about Remus who dead-panned.

"Peter!" Sirius wheezed, clasping a hand on the blonde-haired "You heard..you heard what he said?" He says between breath.

"I'm serious" James growled after Peter who only nodded since he was too occupied in laughing.

"Man! You need a rest, did Snivellus hit you a spell? Perhaps..he bewitched you! Like those muggles do to someone they hate or something-" Sirius was cut off by Remus who also cut off James that was about to go off.

"I agree with Prongs" He said "It's time to leave him alone. Are you guys not tired for doing the same thing for five years?"

James gave him a thankful look although Remus was back at reading.

Sirius scoffed, leaning back to his seat "What's the sudden change of mind, Prongs?"

"We're getting old, it's time to be fucking mature" He responded "What? Are you planning to continue this until 7th year?" Until we get married? Create a family? Till we're wrinkly and old? Be serious"

"He is Sirius" Peter let our undistinguished chortle that would've made them laugh than the overused joke but there's no time for that.

"Well, you can't convince me with that" He grabs a pawn piece and move it, Peter wince as his piece was destroyed to bits.

James' hands formed to a fist subconsciously "Fine! You and Peter could continue doing your thing. Just leave me and Remus the fuck alone"

He stands up and marched out the common room, before he could leave, he heard Peter.

"What? Why me?"

James released a huge sigh, eyes closed and lips thin. Of course, what did he expect? If James is stubborn, then Sirius is hard-as-rock-stubborn. His persuasion wouldn't be easy.

Just days after he saw Severus in a new light, he thought of the things they did to him. The humiliation and embarrassment he must've felt when they made fun of his appearance in front of everyone. How unfair the battles were, though sometimes, Severus ended up winning. He's a brilliant wizard, a powerful one too.

James shuddered. If the rumors are right, that he's apart of the..Dark Lord, then, his potential is a waste.

He just hopes it's not too late..maybe..just maybe, he could change his mind. Just that, he let out a laugh. Severus is right, Gryffindors have gallons of ego in them.

His eyes wandered to the hallways, seeing it dark and empty. He brought out his wand and map, just to see who's out of their dorms.

To his surprise, he spots the person that occupied his mind..and heart.

"What is he doing out so late?" James muttered to himself. Without a second thought, he quietly goes to the direction he's in.