Chapter 4

The rest of the lesson goes by like the slowest movie in the world, and it gets increasingly difficult not to look at him, sat next to me as it happens. Although I can't even see him, I have a sensation as if he's looking at me, though it's most likely my own delusions tripping me up.

As subtly as I can, I give him a sideways glance, and, of course, he's not returning it. Just my luck. The whole freaking football team invites me to a new party every night and the one guy I like doesn't give a shit. The party. How haven't I thought of it before? And that's when I do a thing. I don't know if I've been watching too much clueless or something but I "accidentally" nudge my pen off the desk right next to me, pretending not to notice. Please let this work. Otherwise I solemnly swear to never watch a chick flick again. Ok that's probably not true. But I would still look like a fucking idiot if this doesn't work so please.

After a couple moments, suddenly I notice Alex lean down and pick up the pen, and as I watch him get back up I see him eye my long legs (courtesy of being 5'8, thank you mom). However, he swiftly looks up at me and puts the pen on my desk without another word. Shit. That did not go as well as expected. Most likely my fault for taking flirting advice from a fictional character's crush on a gay man. Nice one, Vieve! But if anything, it's making me more motivated.

The class finally drags to an end, and I work up the courage to talk to him. Work up the courage to talk to him - who am I? Anyways, deciding that I can't give a boy too much attention, I coolly say "Hey." He looks at me again with those fucking eyes, and flatly says "hi". So not awkward. "You coming to the party on Saturday? Everyone'll be there, you can meet the crew." The CREW Vieve?! "Sure" he sighs, and walks off. What a jerk. I mean, does he know how many guys would pay for me to ask them somewhere???? I am not the one who is going to be vying for his attention.

He's a fucking hot jerk though.