Chapter 1 || "My Mothe-"

"Kiyotaka… be prepared by dawn. We have somewhere to go….. away from here.", he muttered those last few words but I heard it correctly.

I had no idea what he was talking about… I mean 'somewhere to go'? Where though? Was he finally being lenient enough to give me a vacat- Yeah it might be me just coping.

Years of staying in this habitat, I should know that he is the last person from whom someone could expect any ounce of sympathy or goodwill. Everything he does is practical and to the point, which only benefits him and his cause.

So…. somewhere to go, huh? It's not like I was excited since any hint of emotion I had was stripped away from me in my childhood. But still… It's not like I was ecstatic to be in the White Room… So, in a way… I felt a little glad that I would be going somewhere else… But the thing that lingered in my mind… was where??

●●●●●

Both Kiyotaka and his father, Ayanokouji Atsuomi soon got inside the car as the older man saw the small spark in the eyes of his 'Masterpiece' who was taking in the outer scenery as if he had to memorise every small detail of it. His eyes, in spite of being dull and empty.. were now filled with the foreign feeling of zeal and astonishment… something which Atsuomi took notice of and slightly clicked his tongue in annoyance.

'What a disgusting sight to see…'

He despised that look in his son's eyes.. It was as if all the years of hard work and training that took to mould him as the 'Masterpiece' was about to be ruined by this one ordeal. Atsuomi let out a resigned sigh as his palms tightened around the steering wheel nearly turning them pale white as the look of frustration was clear in his face…

'What a time to be in this goddamn mess…I can't let this boy see much of the outside or he might get some funny ideas in the future that I don't even want to think of…'

Without waiting for a second, he pushed a button on his car which caused curtains to fall from the top of the window seal over the windows blocking the view of the outside world from the boy to which he looked at the front mirror to meet his father's eyes who was staring right back at him.

"It will be quite a long ride till we reach our destination. So, go to sleep right now and recover fully. Even if we are out of the Whiteroom for now.. there will be no change in your schedule."

The brown haired teen subtly gave him a small nod before closing his eyes while carrying out a breathing technique he learned from one of the 'nicer instructors' which helped him to fall asleep regardless of how much his body or soul ached. It was like a cheat code. Kiyotaka would've definitely shown the instructor his gratitude … if only he was alive anymore…

●●●●●

Kiyotaka POV

"Kiyotaka…. This is your mother. While the Whiteroom remains closed, she will take care of you. Don't create any problems, got it?"

My eyes scanned the room. Unlike the usual sight of plain white walls everywhere, the room seemed rather cosy and comfortable. While subtly observing the room, my eyes then went towards my 'mother' who took one last whiff of her cigarette before throwing it in front of my feet with a rather disgusted look on her face.

"Why do I have to bother with this responsibility again?"

Her voice was hoarse as she more or less growled at my father with an annoyed look on her face. That man maintained his composure and was ready to give her a reply but once again had to stop, just to let his 'wife' vent further.