Surprise for mama

Mckenzie POV
I wake up this morning pretty early and feeling super anxious. Today is Mother's Day and here I am still in my college dorm, anxiously waiting for my dads call. You see, I was supposed to take a flight last Monday to surprise my mom and stay the entire week with her, but I needed to canceled it because last week it resulted to be the same week my college decided to do finals, so I couldn't make it. And because they gave me tons of work, I called dad and told him I wasn't sure I was going to make it to this year's Mother's Day and he had none of it. He said that it was bad already that I couldn't spend Christmas break neither the New Year's Eve with them because of my college schedule. And also he said that they missed me to much, specially mama. I can perfectly understand that. I mean, I'm 100% a mama's girl ever since the adoption so yeah.
Let's give you a little bit of backstory, so I met mama when I was six years old on one of the movie sets she was acting, if I remember correctly the movie was called "The Island" or something like that, I was one of the little girls extras in one of the scenes. My biological mom, she wasn't to lovely towards me; she only cared for the money she could get out of the small roles I got from my acting. She also could be verbally abusive towards me, when she didn't got what she wanted so let just say I had a lot of mommy issues. I was love deprived, so when I got the opportunity to met Scarlett on set and seeing how caring, sweet, kind and lovable person she was with everyone. My little six year old self couldn't help but grew attached. I was only s couple of weeks on set, but those weeks were the most happiest of my little short life on that time. During a small conversation I had with her, I split about my mom's verbal abuse towards me every time she wasn't happy and didn't get what she wanted. So ever since then, Scarlett would always make sure I was comfortable on set, she would tell me that whatever I needed I could ask her and she would do anything to make it happen; and the most important thing of all. She would always show me affection, either it was from a hug, a kiss on the cheek, hold my hand, holding me on her lap and also carry me around set, she would called me by nicknames, my favorite being my little sweet pea; she started to called me that when she asked me when my birthday was and I told her it was on April 14th, explaining to me that Sweet Peas and Daisies are the flowers from April. Letting me know that Sweet peas were one of her favorite flowers, and since I was her favorite person on set, it was just ok to called me her little sweet pea, my little six year old self didn't complain tho; I loved the nickname and actually still do.
All of a sudden, my mom's abusive behavior started to grow, now getting physical. She would start by holding me by the arm and squeeze it until you could see a bruise, then she started to slap me. Every time I would ask her why she was acting like that with me or what I was doing wrong, I would receive a hard slap across my cheek. That didn't last long tho, one day after my mom had hit me, I couldn't stop crying no matter how hard I tried. They had called all the kids to set, I composed myself a little bit and did the scene, however when they called it a day, someone had pull me aside making me flinch. I didn't realize it was Scarlett until I heard her voice instantly throwing myself to her. I remember her asking what was wrong. What had got me so upset, but I didn't want to say anything around all the crew so when she offered me to go somewhere more quiet maybe her trailer I agreed. The moment I knew it was only us two in her trailer, I spill everything, what my mom was doing, how she would make bruises appear and hit me across my face. Long story short, she took pictures to all the bruises and my mom slap marks, resulting on getting the police involved, meaning I was going to be removed from my biological mom's cared taking me to a child's home. However, I didn't last more than three months there, because what I didn't knew was that Scarlett even if she was only 21 years old, she was doing all the paper work and making sure she had everything she probably would need so the court would allow her to get my custody. And yeah, that's how I started to live with mama, now being third teen years. Now being 19th I say that my mama literally save me from hell. She was and always will be my number one hero.
But moving back to today, since dad didn't want me to spend the day away from mama, he was determined to look for a flight to book me on. After being anxiously walking side to side my phone ring, seeing that it was dad I instantly pick it up "Hey dad, find anything?" "Today being Mother's Day is really complicated to book a flight for today but-" by this time I was biting my nails off "you can be relax honey cause I find you one" "Please tell me your not joking dad" I could hear him chuckled "Is not sunshine, with the help of your uncle Hunter I found just the perfect flight, it leaves at 12:30 p.m and since is still 7:00 a.m you have more than enough time to get ready" I squeal and started to jump from excitement "Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou so much Dad" "No need sweetheart, it's my pleasure. You're mom and you deserve to be together in this very special day, is Mother's Day anyway. Now I will leave you to get your stuff ready, I won't be able to get you in the airport since we don't want your mother to get suspicious but your uncle Hunter will be waiting for you, he will arrive and half hour early just in case the flight gets here earlier than expected" "Ok, and dad thank you so so much" "No problem sweetheart, I love you" "Love you too dad, bye see you soon" "See you later, bye honey" the moment dad hang up, I didn't waist any time and started to get my stuff packed. It wasn't going to be a lot, since I still have my room in mama's house, and I have a couple of my stuff there as well.