Chapter 3 - Accidents and Weird Happenings

Bella's determined face told Lucy that she was going to confront Edward because apparently, his body language screamed out that he was practically disgusted with her during Biology. Lucy pitied Edward since it was his fault for being so obvious, Bella could be very annoying and borderline obsessive in order to reach her goal.

But sadly, Edward wasn't seen that day. And the next, and the next. As days went by Bella became more and more frustrated, and Lucy was now praying for the poor boy not to return for his own good.

"Do you know why your brother is not coming to school?" Lucy asked Jasper just before History started. He blinked, as if he didn't really expect her to speak to him. They could both feel the room quieten down a bit to listen to their conversation.

"Yeah. He went to Alaska, family issue." Jasper answered, which shocked their classmates because he never really spoke to anyone besides his siblings. Unknown to anyone, Jasper actually liked Lucrezia because for once he didn't have to be tormented by bloodlust around her.

"Tell him to stay there. Bella is out for his blood. When he returns, it won't be pretty," she said with a serious expression which made Jasper laugh outright. "I'm sure it won't be that bad," he chuckled. But his laughter slowly died out as he felt her deep concern, pity, and genuine guilt. 

"Why are you feeling guilty?" 

"Does it show?" Lucy asked, feeling her face. She then glanced at him like a very guilty puppy that chewed out its owner's most expensive shoe while they were gone. "Because she's my sister, and I know what she'll probably do, and I also know that nothing I do will stop her. So, I apologize in advance."

Jasper just laughed. He didn't think it would be that bad, considering that his family was a coven of vampires. Weeks later, he realized that it was wrong of him to take Lucy's desperate warning lightly.

 Weeks later, he realized that it was wrong of him to take Lucy's desperate warning lightly

For an entire week Edward was missing and Bella was now more infuriated than ever. Lucy seriously wished for Dr. Cullen to announce that Edward isn't going to return to Forks because he went abroad to study or some shit. Charlie didn't know how serious it was, but he kind of saw Bella being more grouchy than usual. Lucy locked herself up in her attic to not deal with Bella's tantrums unless she had to go out for school, groceries, and sometimes the diner. 

Her pity and concern for Edward disappeared like bubbles as Bella's temper got worse, so she was glad when the silver Volvo was standing in the parking lot. 

"She's your problem now, Hale." Lucrezia cackled gleefully as they worked on their team research during History. 

"I remember you feeling guilty about this but a week later you seem to be so happy of her tormenting my family." Jasper mused. He knew she couldn't help it. As the week went by her stress was skyrocketing to the point where she was giggly and cynical about everything at the same time. It was amusing, but also quite horrifying in his opinion.

Lucrezia's day was now better than ever. Her sister was busy trying to get to Edward so she didn't have to deal with her bullshit, her lunch of salmon bagel sandwich and iced tea were a treat, and for the first time her last class was canceled due to her teacher's stomachache.

As Lucy happily drove back home, Bella was blushing like mad as Edward introduced himself. He indeed had a certain charm, especially with his way of speech. She didn't know how it happened but she was telling him all about Renee's marriage to Phil and how her mother was unhappy being stuck at home while he moved around to play baseball. All of this was very personal things, and yet Bella spilled her heart to him, forgetting that she was supposed to confront him about his rude behavior the week before.

She was gloating about her conversation with Edward, mainly because she was the only 'non-Cullen' girl who ever spoke with him this long. Happily swimming in her own world of being a 'queen' of the little society called the Forks High school, she wasn't really aware of people screaming at her to move or the screeching of tires that was dangerously getting closer and louder. By the time she turned, she could see Tyler bracing himself for the impact of squishing her between two vehicles. 

Closing her eyes tightly, she flinched as she expected the hit but it never came. Slowly opening her eyes, she found herself in Edward's arms as his golden eyes stared down at her. She slowly looked around to see his hand slowly sliding down the side of the van. Strangely enough, there was a dent that somewhat resembled a handprint, making her frown.

"Call the ambulance!"

"Oh my God, Bella! Are you okay?"

"Someone get Tyler out of the van!"

It was chaos and it was too loud for Bella, so when the ambulance came, she let them cart her away with a blue neck brace. 

Other than Tyler being so annoying, Bella felt fine. She truly wanted to snap at him to shut up, but it would be breaking her 'good-girl' mask. So she had to endure his endless apologies until Charlie and Lucy came to her bedside. She thought she could finally go home, but she was met with Charlie's nagging, which made her frown stubbornly. 

"Dad was worried about you, and so is Mom. You don't have to let people know that you don't want to hear them fussing over you. They have every right to do so."

"Shut up, Lucy! I told everyone that I'm fine, I wasn't hurt, and Ch- Dad didn't have to call Mom."

"Almost being squashed like a bug on a windshield is something your parents need to be notified about, Isabella-" "It's Bella!" "Oh for fuck's sake! That's not the point! The point is, you were nearly killed - which I am deeply disappointed about by the way - and the medical scan is not even here yet so anything could be wrong with you until you are cleared. Also, you are being a bitch and just disrespecting Dad in front of everyone, and you don't even know what you did wrong!"

Bella tried to pull herself up to scream at her twin sister when a throat cleared just near by. 

"So, Ms. Isabella Swan."

"Just Bella," she mumbled, glaring at Lucy who scoffed "Seriously?" behind Charlie's back. Before she could give her some snide remarks, Lucrezia turned to her Dad.

"I did my part coming over here and since the patient clearly doesn't want me here, I'm going back home. I'm sure it isn't good for the patient if she's stressed."

"I'm not, a patient!"

"You are literally strung up to an IV and have a brace on your neck, if that is not a patient then I don't know what is." Lucrezia flipped her off, and went to the parking lot. 

She was about to get in her car when Edward and Rosalie came over.

"Is your sister okay?"

"Unfortunately."

Edward frowned at her answer, but Rosalie smirked. She didn't really like anyone in this town, but Bella was indeed the one she hated the most. And they all say that an enemy of an enemy is a friend.

Two girls shared a look and a nod, and both Cullens stepped back to let Lucy drive out. Her happy mood was gone, but at least she made a friend. 

Just as she drove out, Lucrezia blinked.

Didn't he have dark eyes last week?