With a confident and happy smile, Kagami lift his head. He was more than ready to play. He was more than ready to win the match, together with his team.

    As the afternoon came to an end and the evening approached, Kuroko and (Y/N) met at the school before going to the finals.

    Kuroko was petting Nigou after filling up the little dog's bowl with food. The boy had a tranquil smile on his face and (Y/N) watched him happily. She was glad her friend was feeling confident and ready. After goofing around with everyone at Kagami's house the previous night, after they told the team about their pasts, the boy seemed to never stop smiling. The (H/C) haired girl was glad for him.

    "Alex-san will come later to get you, ok?" Kuroko said to the small dog, who barked at him.

    "Are you ready to go, Tetsuya?" the girl asked him nicely.

    The boy looked inside the school's gym before answering.

    "Yes. The time has finally come, (Y/N)." he said softly and then walked inside the gym, looking around as if nostalgic. (Y/N) walked a few steps behind him and stopped at the middle of the gym with the boy. "I'm just thinking about our journey. It's only been months since we started in this school and with this team, but it's almost like we spent all our lives with them." The blue haired boy admitted with a smile and the girl nodded in agreement.

    "I know what you mean. We all went through a lot together, it almost feels like a life time." The girl said with a gentle tone and smile. She looked around the gym before speaking again. "We started out by being only focused on defeating the Miracles and bring Sei back, didn't we? But now we also want to protect the team and win with us all together. I'm glad we made this choice, Tetsuya." She said and the boy looked at her. "I'm glad we came here. I'm glad we're part of this family. I'm glad that you're my friend. I want everyone to keep smiling and being happy." She confessed and Kuroko smiled to his feet.

    "I feel the same." He told his friend before turning towards her. "Thank you, (Y/N). You never stopped supporting me just like you promised. I want to keep being strong and smile with you and everyone else. I want to protect our team and our basketball. I want to show it to everyone." Kuroko said with a strong look and (Y/N) smiled proudly. Then, his gaze turned worried as he looked at her. "Will you be alright, though?" he asked, making the girl look at him curiously.

    "What do you mean?" she asked and Kuroko kept quiet for a couple of seconds before answering.

    "We're going against Akashi-kun. It's the first time you're going against him as well. Will you be alright?" the boy asked worriedly and (Y/N) exhaled slowly as she thought about it.

    Kuroko was worried that this game would hurt his friend. No one was expecting Akashi to be reasonable on this final match, not even when (Y/N) was part of the rival team.

    "I'll be fine, Tetsuya. By what we saw of him until now, it's obvious it won't be easy. But we already knew that, didn't we? We're already counting on it." she said with a small smile.

    "Yes, but-" the boy tried to argue, but (Y/N) simply shook her head.

    "I'm not planning on letting this game break me down, Tetsuya." She told him with an assertive tone that made the boy surprised. "Am I expecting to feel sad and angry with what we'll probably see? Yes. Do I think Sei planned something to destroy our team? Of course. Am I ready to give him hell for it? Absolutely." She said with a determination that made Kuroko gasp. The girl took a breath and continued more calmly. "Yesterday, at Kagami's house, I was full of doubts and worried. Kept thinking about everything to the point that I didn't even sleep much. I know I said that I would keep waiting and believing in his return if we failed on winning against him. But I reached the conclusion that I'm done being passive about this." She explained and her expression started to show her pain. "I want him back, Tetsuya." she admitted with a desperation that made Kuroko feel sorry for her. "I love our team and friends and I'll do anything in my power to help us win and be the best team in Japan, but I want Sei back! If I have to endure a hellish match against him for that, then I will. If I also have to make him go through hell for it then I will. I'll take and do anything, if the prize at the end is him." She told him and Kuroko's eyes widened.