chapter 7

The next day, as I woke up from sleep, I sent a message to Sakura. To be honest, we need to go to the SCO(Student Council Office). As I left the room, I saw another message saying she was already out. So I found her in front of the dorm, waiting for me.
Myself: Sorry, Sakura. I'm late.
Sakura:Don't worry about it. I should apologise for calling you out of nowhere.
Myself:Of course not.
With some little chit-chat, we were heading to the SCO. As we reached the door, we heard the president talking to someone inside. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." A familiar voice said. "Pardon me." I said. As we went inside, I saw President Manabu, Nagumo, Tachibana, and a silver hair girl. She is someone truly interesting in the real story. Damn, I hit a jackpot. I always wanted to meet her.

Myself: Sorry again for interrupting, President.
Manabu: Don't worry about that. I hope you have a good reason to come.
"What makes you think that?" I thought.
Myself: Well, it is about yesterday's incident.
Manabu: About that clerk? He is already taken care of.
Myself: I know. Thanks for that. But that's not the end.
Manabu: What are you talking about?
I looked at Sakura. She realised my hint and took a deep breath. Then she told everything about her idol career and the stalkers. After hearing everything, the president was quiet for some second. Ichinose went near Sakura and patted her shoulder.

Manabu:I see. So I will try to do something about it, but no promise.
Myself: Thanks, that's enough. By the way, what about me? I did something bad, too.
Manabu: You did that to protect her. So you are forgiven this time. But be careful in the future. That is against the rules.
Myself: Understood. By the way, why is she here? If you don't mind me asking.
Ichinose: I was here to apply for the student council.
Myself: Wow, you are the perfect candidate from the first year. I'm pretty sure you will get accepted.
Although we haven't talked much, we knew each other as we interacted with each other in the case of Sudo. She gave information about Ruyeen. A lot of things which were new to me.
Ichinose smiled sadly.
Ichinose: No, the president said I don't have the qualities to become one.
I looked at the president with a shock in my face. Well, even though it was just for show. I know why he didn't accept her. I guess I can help her a bit. She was also one of the characters I didn't want to see crying.
President: It's true. I don't think she has the necessary qualities to become one.
Myself: With due respect, I think that's not the reason.
Everyone in the room was shocked. Only Kiruruin senpai looked at me with a smirk in her face. The president was as serious as ever.
Tachibana: How immature and rude. Do you not know who you are talking to?
But the president hinted her to stop.
Myself: Sorry if I offended you. But Ichinose is one with the if not best characteristics in the school. Her leadership is better than all the first years, excluding the leaders of class A and C. Although she is a bit soft and naive. But nothing else.
Everyone in the room was silent. Just Kiruruin senpai has an amusing look in her face. "What happened?" I thought. Then I looked at Ichinose. She is red. Well, she is red, like tomato. I saw Sakura looking at me and blushing. Suddenly, I realised what I had done. Well, shit.
Myself: So it doesn't make sense not to recruit her. But you have a reason, don't you, president?
President: Well, what made you think that?
Myself: Hmm...
I looked at a certain blonde senpai.
Myself: I think you are trying to protect her from him?
I hinted at Nagumo.
Nagumo: What? What the hell are you talking about, Junior?
Myself: no, nothing. I was just coincidentally standing beside Ichinose, and I saw you looking straight at her chest. At first, I thought it was my imagination. So I moved a bit to cover her. But then your eyes got diverted towards Sakura.
Nagumo: What are you talking about? Do you have any proof?
He was clearly enraged. If he wants to crush me, it'll be a matter of second. So I have to think up of something before he does that.
Myself: Of course, it's just my imagination. Maybe I'm just being paranoid because I saw her getting assaulted. I just wanted to make sure something like that never happens in the future. Sorry to blame you.
I looked at the president. He can easily understand what I am saying.
President: Don't worry. He is not that kind of guy.
Thanks for the assist, president. Suddenly, I heard a big laugh. I looked at the source. It was Kiryuin senpai.
Kiryuin: Wow, that was something. I never saw someone blaming that guy on his face. You know, not everyone can do it.
Myself: uhh... no, it's not like that.
I tried to reason her. It'll be a problem if she spoils my plan.
Kiryuin: Hmm, you're interesting. What's your name?
Myself: Ike Kanji, 1-C.Nice to meet you.
Kiruruin:Nice to meet you, Ike. I'm Kiryuin Fuka. 2-B.
Damn, I'm fucked up.
Well, even though I will bea huge problem, Sakura's problem is now solved, for now. Well, I've already done it. So it's useless to cry over spilled milk.

After we exited the SCO, I heard someone calling m name. It was Ichinose, with her,Kiruyin senpai. I stopped.
Myself: Uh, what's up, Ichinose? Do you need something?
Ichinose: I just wanted to say thank you... for everything you did back there.
Myself: oh, don't mention it.
Kiruyin: But to think you will blame Nagumo straight on his face... did you see his back there? It was hilarious.
I laughed awkwardly. She doesn't know how fucked up I am.
Well, because of Ichinose's stubbornness, I had to accompany them in the cafeteria. Even though it's one of the furthest cafes, there are a lot of students. This will become a problem.

As we entered, every student present there looked at us. This sucks. Well, I know I'm with the three prettiest girls in our school. So the reaction is normal. Damn my luck.

Well, it was a good thing I was wearing a mask and a sunglass. I bought it a little while ago. When did I do that? I took a washroom break from them, that's when.

We looked around. Then I saw a table at the corner of the room.
Myself: That table is free.
We reached the table. After sitting, we picked up the menu and ordered. Sakura and I got hot chocolate, Ichinose got coffee, and Kiruruin sempai got smoothie.
Ichinose: What? You just wanted to have hot chocolate? You know you can order anything. It's on me.
Myself:I don't eat much. Sometimes, I skip a meal. You can say I'm not into eating much. So don't worry, it's enough for me.
At that moment, Kiruruin senpai looked at me.
Kiruruin senpai: You know your expressions are quite dead. Do you ever genuinely smile or express yourself?
Myself:Huh? What do you mean genuinely?
Kiruruin senpai: Whenever you smile or express yourself, it feels like you just acting like it.
I became quiet. The other two looked at me. After some moments passed, I answered.
Myself: You really have good observations. I do conceal my emotions in certain situations, but other times, it is my real expression. It's not like a person can act like that all the time.
Kiruruin senpai: Hmm, well, if you say so.
She didn't believe me. But it's natural. There are some people who can see through me. She is one of them.
Myself: Well, it's not a great subject to talk about. Let's talk about something interesti...
Suddenly, I paused. My eyes were at the door. Some people are coming in. Specifically, Hirata and his harem. I put on my sunglasses. They sat one table away from us.
Luckily, the other three noticed. They looked at me.
Kiruruin senpai: What's wrong kouhai-kun? Do you know them?
Myself: Yeah, it'll be a huge commotion in the class if they find out. I don't want to deal with that pain.
Kiruruin senpai:Hmm, OK. I don't mind. Let's hang out again sometime, kouhai-kun.
Ichinose: Yeah, let's hang out again, Ike-kun.
Myself:Yeah, call me whenever you want.
We exchanged contact info. After that me and Sakura exited the cafe as quickly as possible.
After walking for a bit, we were near our dorm. That moment, Sakura spoke.
Sakura:Um. Ike-kun, do you mind if we talk a little.
I looked at her. Seems like she wants to say something important.
Myself:Yeah. Sure.
We sat on a bench. After a moment, she spoke.
Sakura: Ike-kun, do you think I should quit being an idol?
I was surprised. Why is she asking that ?
Myself: Why are you asking that?
Sakura:I feel like I don't have what it takes to become an idol. I caused you trouble the other day. You might've got expelled.
Myself: it was my own decision. I decided that fully knowing the risks.
Sakura:But...
I cut her by speaking again.
Myself:You've worked hard to become an idol. Don't let these small things get you. You should decide what you want to do.
She looked at me. Then she smiled.
Sakura: Thanks for the answer.
Myself:So, what do you want to do?
She stood up. Then she looked at me with a beautiful smile.
Sakura: I've decided. I'll become an idol and try my best to help you with everything I can do.
She is becoming mature. I smiled.
Myself:I guess then you got your answer. Let's get back, shall we?
Sakura: Yeah.
We both started walking towards the dorm. It's been a long day. But I feel like I've seen a bigger change. So I guess it's worth it. Also, if anyone saw me back there(in the cafe), my life will turn upside down tomorrow....
Good thing it's summer break...