Dead or Alive?

I woke up to.. someone sobbing? I listened in closer and quickly realized that it was Mario. I got dizzy from how quickly I stood up but regained myself and hurried off to Mario's room. After knocking lightly, I asked if he was ok as I entered the room. He wiped his tears away, seeming like he didn't want to get caught crying.

He was sitting up, so I sat down next to him, putting my hand on his far shoulder. "It's okay, Mario. I'm here, everything's okay," I wispered lightly whilst rubbing my hand up and down his back. I turned his head to look at me, "Can you tell me what's wrong?"

"W-what happens if B-Bowser hurts you? I c-could never live that d-down," he replied between sniffles, laying his head on my shoulder.

I knew Mario was upset about me going to see King Koopa himself, but I didnt know he was this worried. It never really occurred to me that bowser could pop me like a balloon with only his hand. I mean, what if he is extremely mean? What is he doesn't give me a chance at all? I can't be thinking about this now, I have to comfort Mario.

"I'll be okay Mario. I know you're just looking out for me, but I can assure you that everything will work out," I don't think I've ever lied more in one sentence.

"But what if-"

"Do you trust me?"

"Why wouldn't I, Lu?"

"Then trust me on this."

The silence that was left in the air was overwhelming, but at least he was slightly less worried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I filled out a bunch of paperwork at Peach's castle, saying stuff like, 'we aren't reaponsible for any injuries you get' blah blah blah.

I finally set off on my quest to meet Bowser. I was wearing my iconic green shirt, blue overalls, and green hat, since Mario wanted something to connect to me with, and he wore his red version of my outfit. The walk was suprisingly quick. When I arrived, I was greeted by two koopas.

"What is your buisness?" Said the one on the right, ready to attack if needed. I figured he must-have recognized me, considering the other Koopa just stood there. "I want to talk to King Bowser." The Koopas looked at eachother in unison, both with confused expressions on their faces. They shrugged while opening the door.

I was greeted by another Koopa as soon as I got inside. He held out his hand, "Hello newcomer, I'm Blaze. What's your name?"

"Luigi," I reponded, hesitantly grabbing his hand.

"Well Luigi, I hear you want to talk to the king of the koopas?"

"Yeah," I paused, "wait, how'd you know?"

"Word gets around quickly when someone asks to speak directly to the boss, but that isn't the point. I'm going to escort you to Bowser's private company room, where he will meet you." We started walking as he said that.

"I don't know if you're the right person to ask, but should I be nervous?"

"No, not at all! Unless you're Mario, but you're not so you're ok!"

"What if.." I trailed off, "what if you're Mario's brother?"

He stopped walking. I turned to look at him. I tried to read his expression, which seemed to he one of.. delight? That couldn't be right. Why would he be delighted to hear I was Mario's brother?

"I can't seem to answer that question, but I'm assuming you were implying that you were Mario's brother?"

"That was my goal, yes." We reached a massive set of double doors, which wasn't suprising concidering Bowser is pretty tall. Blaze opened the doors "Have fun!" He yelled, pushing me in the room and shutting the doors behind me.

Well this is how I die I guess. It was a large room. One side seemed like an interogation area, and the other seemed like a living room. The living room had a 3 cushion couch with a forth cushion that seemed to be a foot rest. I sat on the couch rethinking all of my life decisions, when I heard big, strong footsteps. Here comes Bowser.