Chapter 6: It gets a little easier

Start from the beginning

"Toms- what really happened?" Wilbur asked softly.

"I just told you! I was mugged." He protested.

"I don't- I don't think I believe you. When you woke up, you had a panic attack. You asked if I was Dream. Who is Dream, Toms?" Wilbur persisted. Tommy clenched his jaw. Dream was nobody, he was an absolute nobody.

"Nobody. I was still dazed." Tommy replied harshly. He stared Wilbur in his eyes.

"Tommy. Is this Dream guy hurting you?" Yes! Yes, a million times, yes!

"No. I don't know what you're talking about. I was mugged."

"Where did the mugging happen?" Phil shot out. Tommy thought for a second.

"In an alleyway." Tommy replied.

"What time?" Phil pestered him and it began to make Tommy's blood boil.

"I don't fucking know, around 10?"

"Why were you outside?" Phil treated him like a dog. Tommy had to leave.

"I have a life outside of the Diner, I don't have to explain it to you." Tommy kicked the blanket off and slid his legs around. His vision blurred but it didn't stop him. He got up and began to walk to the door before Phil stepped in front of him.

"You're not healthy enough to leave on your own." Phil was starting to really piss him off.

"Get out of my way. Thank you for taking care of me while I was unconscious, but now that I am conscious, I can make my own decisions." Tommy pushed Phil to the side. His arms were not strong enough to move the boulder. Phil stood firmly.

"Oh, here." Wilbur picked up a device from the bedside table and handed it to Tommy. It was his phone, with the entire screen filled with message notifications from Tubbo. Most of them were asking him where he was, and if he was alive. He had over 5 missed calls, and two messages from Ranboo.

"Clingy bitch." Tommy muttered under his breath. Wilbur chuckled, then continued speaking,

"Yeah. Tubbo even tried calling me. I guess he's wondering why you aren't at school?" Wilbur questioned. Phil furrowed his brow and Tommy sat back down on the bed.

He opened Tubbo's messages and shot him a quick message explaining that he had gotten sick and was resting. He then sent Ranboo the same message.

"I didn't realize you were enrolled in the same school," Phil stated.

"I'm not. Tubbo wanted me to go." Tommy explained. He played with the case of his phone that had multiple pictures of him, Tubbo, and Ranboo slid between the case and the back of his phone.

"Oh, do you want me to enroll you? I helped Ranboo transfer schools since he was being bullied." Phil asked. They seemed past the stage of Tommy escaping but he was slowly building a plan in his head.

"No. It's alright. I haven't gone to school properly in a few years." Tommy admitted. He just needed Phil to move out of the door frame, and Tommy could make his great escape.

"Why?" Wilbur asked. He glanced at Phil and Tommy could tell the secret conversation their eyes were having.

"I started homeschool when I was younger. I never went back to in-person schooling. Technically, I've already graduated." The last thing Dream had taught him was how to talk to authorities. Dream had printed out a certificate on the Internet and filled in Tommy's personal information. He told the lie that he was an early graduate, so people would stop asking questions.

"Can you even graduate from homeschooling?" Wilbur asked. Tommy didn't know.

"Of course, dickhead." Tommy snapped. Wilbur put his hands up in defense.