Chapter 25 - Blue & Grey by BTS

Start from the beginning

I manage to pull the blanket over my mouth at least, and I am thankful that I can somewhat veil my breath from whichever soulmate is in front of me. I blink my eyes open and find myself gazing at a sweet sleeping angel. I don't think I realized how full Jiseong's lashes were until now, but the way they lay against his skin, while his eyes are closed, makes it self-evident now. Why do beautiful men always seem to have naturally full, long eyelashes?

I study him for a brief few moments, and then I try to turn on my other side. Unfortunately, I can't seem to easily turn in that direction due to how tightly I'm wrapped by the blanket and their two bodies. So, I guess the mystery of who my other soulmate beside me is will have to stay a mystery a bit longer.

Plus, I am at the point where, instead of investigating who my 'bedmates' are, I really would rather get up and find a toothbrush and toothpaste as soon as possible. Also potentially rinse my mouth out with mouthwash on top of that, if someone has some I can use. I'm really not sure that brushing alone will accomplish the task of dismissing the foulness clinging inside my mouth right now.

"Need some help there?" I lift my head up to where I find Juah hovering above me. He is adorably rumpled from his slumber, and I find myself immediately enjoying his sleep-disheveled imperfections. His eyes and cheeks are slightly swollen from sleep. His hair hasn't been brushed yet so there are random strands standing up here and there.

It probably takes longer than I would like to mentally swerve away from analyzing his cute rumpled appearance to address his question. A small giggle escapes me. "Yeah, I'm definitely stuck." I pair the small giggle with a grin from behind the blanket, hoping I am conveying the expression well enough with my eyes alone.

He smirks at me and bends to lean down closer. "Sorry, I didn't quite catch that."

I roll my eyes before shaking my head at him. "You heard me. You are just trying to get me to remove the blanket. Not happening until I can get free, and even then I am not exposing you to my extra gross morning breath." I pause for a second. "Is that normal after drinking so much?"

He smiles softly at me. "It probably wouldn't be quite as bad had you had the opportunity to brush your teeth before you fell asleep. You were a little out of it just before you laid down."

"Hmm." I mutter

"Here. Let me disentangle my brother." He mutters before addressing the body behind me.

Oh, so it was Jaeyeon on my other side. Odd. Jaeyeon and Jiseong are roommates. Wouldn't one of them have preferred to have the room completely to themselves for once? Instead, for some reason, they both ended up sleeping next to me. Why?

I shake my head once I realize that trying to rationalize the reason why is basically pointless, but it does make me wish I had been awake while the two of them laid down beside me and cuddled close. I don't remember the last time I had a good cuddle with a loving and warm human body. It was probably when my parents would sit down at my bedside and wove the Soulmate articles into my bedtime Fairy Tales.

I'm dislodged from my reverie as Juah masculinely grunts while trying to pull his twin from behind me. "Wha– Stop hyung. Let me sleep!" Jaeyeon groans as he tries to ignore his twin brother.

Juah sighs before backing away to his full height and exclaiming. "Lily is trying to get up! I wouldn't have to wake you up if you hadn't wound yourself around her so tight!"

"Oh!!" He exclaims before loosening his hold and scooching back from me a little bit. I'm able to turn around now, although I still hold the blanket over my mouth as I move, and immediately his face grows pink before he pulls a pillow in front of his groin. I can't keep myself from arching a daring eyebrow and plastering a knowing smirk on my face. My momentary snarky bravado kind of falls flat since I still have the blanket clasped in front of my mouth. I look away and try to sit up properly so I can finally pull the blanket away and make my escape. My plan is quickly derailed when my other bed partner decides to pull me into his arms and legs and go full koala on me.